Nerves are kicking in!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julier

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am opening a salon in a couple of weeks and handing my notice in at my job today! I love my job and very scared and sad to leave! But time to think of me!

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated! :) x

Best of luck! :)

Ahh good luck! It is a nerve wracking experience! I hope you do well! My tip is to get your goal/mission of what you have always wanted to do and i hope you achieve it. You can sit there days beforehand going over everything, and forget little bits, its a learning curve! Dont be too hard on yourself! Especially if its a expensive mistake! Good Luck! xoxo

Thank you very nervous but excited!! X

I opened my salon beginning of December, I was so nervous beforehand but can honestly say every morning I put the key in the front door I feel a huge sense of pride!! Good luck xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done.
And go you!

I hope you have a supportive team you're working with now.

Unfortunately I haven't heard a word from anyone I used to work with since I handed in my notice. (Literally the girls I worked with stopped talking to me while I worked my notice) I would have classed them as my best friends.

Just remember to do what's best for you and keep smiling.

The lack of money is a killer. But when you start having regular amazing weeks you'll feel absolutely chuffed.

I've not quite been open a year and I pay myself tuppence (just enough to live) and am building my business account so I can have better and more beautiful things in the salon and to be able to go on more training and events such as salon international. In my opinion, it's always best to improve the salon as much as I can.

Also, I find Lockhart blogs and phorest blogs very useful.

Well done.
And go you!

I hope you have a supportive team you're working with now.

Unfortunately I haven't heard a word from anyone I used to work with since I handed in my notice. (Literally the girls I worked with stopped talking to me while I worked my notice) I would have classed them as my best friends.

Just remember to do what's best for you and keep smiling.

The lack of money is a killer. But when you start having regular amazing weeks you'll feel absolutely chuffed.

I've not quite been open a year and I pay myself tuppence (just enough to live) and am building my business account so I can have better and more beautiful things in the salon and to be able to go on more training and events such as salon international. In my opinion, it's always best to improve the salon as much as I can.

Also, I find Lockhart blogs and phorest blogs very useful.

I've just beat my weekly record and I've still got tomorrow to go......loving it :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow go you!! I can't wait to get started!

Good luck with your new venture!
I just opened a beauty room within a hairdressers on Friday and its soo exciting! not as exciting as having your own salon, but still exciting! Friday and Saturday went really well although I think i'll be moving things around for the next few weeks to see what works where best! x

Hello Im also getting a room built within a salon, but only working saturdays at the moment. I was wondering what is the best gel polish to use and who do i go through to learn it as im sure that is very popular?

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello Im also getting a room built within a salon, but only working saturdays at the moment. I was wondering what is the best gel polish to use and who do i go through to learn it as im sure that is very popular?

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,

I would recommend going to have your nails done in a few different salons that offer different brands and see which one you like. It's a hard choice as there are a lot of different brands which are very similar. It also depends on your budget and what you are willing to spend on training etc. For example bio sculpture are a great brand and can only be used by professionals but The training is expensive where as CND which is another great brand are more reasonable training wise and are well known!

Good luck do lots of research!! :) x

Wow this is so exciting for you!! Hope it went well handing your notice in! I too started my own business in November renting space within a new hairdressers that was opening and nearly 6 months on i cannot begin to tell you how rewarding and satisfying it is! Good Luck!!! xxx :green:

Congrats!! I opened over a year ago and I've never been happier. Like Tori said..all stopped talking to me also and we worked together for 20 years!!! Life goes on and you need to do what you need to do for yourself! Good Luck!!! 🎉🙏

It is very exciting! Doing a first stock order feels so good knowing it's all for my salon!
Old work colleagues won't stay in touch but hey ho their loss! Haha
Good luck everyone! X

sometimes co-workers won't talk to you for several reasons, but it usually boils down to the fact they don't know what to say as you are leaving to do what they have always wanted to, and that's to run your own business!

..so take it as a complement!:biggrin:

Exactly! It's mainly jealousy I think haha!

Latest posts

Back