Never gonna be a mom?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

went to the doctor and it looks like I might never be a mother. How does somebody even deal with that? All iv ever wanted is to have a baby and it may not happen? Im just devistated. Im scared to tell my husband, I feel bad for him. He would be supportive, but then it makes it real lol. Fingures crossed they will find something! Im keeping hopeful.

Sorry to be a downer xoxo

<3 awww lots of love your way! Hopefully everything will turn out on the up and up for luv! but keep positive there are alot of women who have a hard time with getting pregnant.. and have to explore different options! not sure what sort of condition you have ..If infact this becomes a reality , maybe adoption is an option for you. something of that nature.. Keep strong luv!

Hey guys,

went to the doctor and it looks like I might never be a mother. How does somebody even deal with that? All iv ever wanted is to have a baby and it may not happen? Im just devistated. Im scared to tell my husband, I feel bad for him. He would be supportive, but then it makes it real lol. Fingures crossed they will find something! Im keeping hopeful.

Sorry to be a downer xoxo

Firstly, massive hug to you cause I know right now you'll be needing it..

Secondly, always hold on to hope.
My daughter was told at 16 she had very bad PCOS and her chances of ever having kids without medical intervention was near on impossible.
Gutted was an understatement but I can say at 23 she is now a mum to an 8mo baby girl.

She knew in the first instant she would have to try clomid and another drug to help her so she searched for a year finding out the herbal equivalent, doses, actions and reactions etc and began following a herbal concoction of drugs she would need. Initially the signs of her periods returning monthly were a massive start as they'd been around 9mo between each one.
Once she was sure she was regulated enough she tried just the once and fell first time.
Now she hasn't been on her concoction for a while she is at her old body regime again but I know she will do it all again when she is ready for baby nø two.

I'm telling you this story to let you know with hope there can be positives too.
I will keep everything crossed for you too xx

Aw big hugs hun. You havent told us the whole story but maybe theyre some other options? Ivf, sorogacy, adoption? Don't give up hope Hun u never know what's round the corner xxx

so sorry to hear your news :sad: Me and my husband have 2 older teenagers but both from previous relationships. We would like a baby together but my husband had a vasectomy so we are currently saving up for fertility treatment and even then it may not work, we are both very apprehensive as we want a baby so badly so I know how you are feeling.

Have you considered fostering or adoption? There are so many children in the world who would give their right arm for a mum and dad to love them, maybe you could offer one of them a loving home?

Thanks ladies xoxo, I would love to adopt. Iv been looking into it and its such a long diffacult process, but one I would not rule out. Im hoping there will be better news soon. Thanks for the support xo

My best friend tried for fifteen years! Tell your husband and just love each other, till you come to terms with it. Then think adoption. My besty called up one day and said guess what, my response being a smarta** your prego and she started crying cuz she was at 40 years old. Lol it can happen. Emily is 5 now :)

All is never lost. I I have a friend who was told the same thing and now has two lovely to boys(naturally). Never give up hope xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Have u looked into ivf? I do know how you feel. But there is other options. I have a baby girl who is 13 months now but for a long time I didn't think I would have a baby.

Forgot to say, you should talk to your husband. I though I'd was letting my other half down, he had two children from his previous marriage and I felt like he didn't understand but you must keep talking to one another.

To find out you may never have children is heartbreaking but it is something you eventually come to terms with..................in the beginning you will feel that you are the only one in this position and those around you with children will never fully understand your feelings, your thoughts will be continually of babies and all you will see around you are babies.
As others have said there are many options to try ivf, adoption etc - but this is a decision you and your partner need to take together.
I always wanted children but unfortunately it was not to be, I had 3 failed ivf attempts and each one caused me more and more heartbreak. We made the decision to stop trying, I was 40 at the time and decided that I couldn't take the upset with each failed attempt (this decision itself was even more heartbreaking). For my own personal reasons I did not wish to consider adoption and so we did not venture down this route.
As they say life goes on, I am now 51 and although I often dream what it would have been like to have children I do not regret my decisions - everyone is different, you have to decide what to do and what is right for you.
I have 5 nieces/nephews and 4 great-nieces/nephews who I absolutely adore - they will never replace the children I never had but they come very close to it!
You need to choose the path to follow......................speak with your partner and decide together!
My thoughts are with you:hug:

Claire

I know exactly how you feel. I have suffered from endometerosis for many years. It got so bad that i was very ill all of the time. I was told i couldn't have children either yet i couldn't have a hysterectomy either because of my age. (i'm now 36). anyway after pushing for 5 years i got the hysterectomy 2 and half years ago. I am now very much pain free. I have considered fostering and adoption and i will look at this in the future. I feel my life and home is empty without children. For now i put all my energy in giving everything i can to my nieces and nephews. lol.
What i find hard to deal with is people giving me a hard time because i don't have kids. Now i just tell them i can't have them and nothing more is said.

You should never give up hope. I too was told at 16 that I would never have children naturally, I then discovered at 25 that on top of other health issues I also have PCOS which meant that I would be lucky if I got two periods a year! I was determined that one way or another I would be a mummy. After 7 rounds of treatment and two miscarriages I finally carried my son. He is now two years old and being greedy we are on the waiting list to try again!
Life will seem so black for you at the moment, you will only be able to focus on those around you who have kids and I know you will feel like you're the only person this has happened to. It can become all consuming and will put even the strongest of relationships under strain. You must keep talking to your Other half though. I always remember my husband telling me he felt helpless as I bottled everything up - this was because I felt guilty that it was my fault I couldn't give him a child. None of this is your fault and nothing is ever set in stone. There are so many options out there if you choose to pursue them. It will be tough though and at times you will feel like you can take no more, but one day, I wish for you, that your dreams will come true. You may have a long road ahead, but as long as that road is supported by the love and friendship of those closest to you, you can do it. I wish you so much love and luck in your quest for a child, however you get there, may you do it with your head held high :hug: xx

Thanks ladies :) my husband is away to work, so not really a convo I wanna have on the phone. We are gonna be weighing our options. Thanks for all the support xoxo

Latest posts

Back