Crazy mom or unhappy client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparklegirl91

Reaction score
Had a young woman age 23 in for blow dry before Christmas, hair down to her hips in terrible condition and said she wanted to cut a lot off it in new year, she returned this week and after a 15min in depth consultation I cut 8inches off for her as she asked, her hair is still really long(half way down her back) and she was delighted leaving the salon, thanked me several times at reception and even gave me a tip, her mother rang up a couple of hours later and asked to speak with me, I took the phone and was greeted with a load of abuse about how her daughter only wanted half that amount cut off and how she’s been crying since etc etc really dramatic. I explained that we had lengthy consultation I even tied her hair into a pony tail and let her move the bobble to show how much she wanted me to cut etc and that I did my job correctly and she was delighted leaving the salon, mother immediately backed down when I explained all this but said SHE’s still very angry about how short her hair is and had to voice her opinion to me.. I’m confused never in 14yrs have I had anything like this happen, does the girl not like her hair or did the mom freak out because she feels her daughter made a bad decision about how much to cut off and passed the blame on to me or?? I’ve never ever met a 23yr old who was afraid to voice their own opinion either and the girl in question is far from shy, this is a bizarre situation..

Over controlling mum by the sound of it. If the client is age 23 then she is an adult and the mums opinion doesn't come into it.
You did nothing wrong!

bizarre to say the least. are they forgetting it will actually grow back?? weirdos. dont give it another thought.

Why did the mother think that she was in a position to discuss this with you? Perhaps next time (hopefully there wont be one) ask the client to come back in with the mother, or anyone else, to see what the problem is. You are also within your rights to say that you cannot discuss this except with the person it concerns.

Latest posts

Back