New and needing advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondzNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I signed up to this a few weeks ago and wanted to ask for some advice... so here goes..

Before i ask the question I'm just going to give you a lil background info so what i asks makes sense, or if what i ask doesn't make sense you know why. lol.

I'm 17 and i'm reaally interested in nails, I've had a massive obsession with them for as long as i can remember.
Anyways I really wanted to learn how to do them and knew a few people who could teach me, the thing is i wouldn't of got a qualification for it and thats what i wanted.

After a year of looking for courses near me i finally found a part time course at a college, and i"m now learning manicure, liquid and powder and Silk and Fibreglass.
I get a recognised qualification which is great but i really want to take this further but i don't know how, I've researched loooads of places that teach various things for nails but they are all reallly expensive and are only for like 2days or are no where near London.

Still not knowing everything there is to know i was wondering if you all could give me some advice and maybe also tell me what a masters and Conversion courses are and what they would help me do if i was to do those courses?

I hope everything i've said makes sense. :confused:

Thanks.
Annabel.

Hi everyone,
I signed up to this a few weeks ago and wanted to ask for some advice... so here goes..

Before i ask the question I'm just going to give you a lil background info so what i asks makes sense, or if what i ask doesn't make sense you know why. lol.

I'm 17 and i'm reaally interested in nails, I've had a massive obsession with them for as long as i can remember.
Anyways I really wanted to learn how to do them and knew a few people who could teach me, the thing is i wouldn't of got a qualification for it and thats what i wanted.

After a year of looking for courses near me i finally found a part time course at a college, and i"m now learning manicure, liquid and powder and Silk and Fibreglass.
I get a recognised qualification which is great but i really want to take this further but i don't know how, I've researched loooads of places that teach various things for nails but they are all reallly expensive and are only for like 2days or are no where near London.

Still not knowing everything there is to know i was wondering if you all could give me some advice and maybe also tell me what a masters and Conversion courses are and what they would help me do if i was to do those courses?

I hope everything i've said makes sense. :confused:

Thanks.
Annabel.

Hi Annabel, if you do your recognised qualification then you will be able to do a conversion course as opposed to a foundation course with your chosen product supplier. A conversion course is where you convert over to the chosen training companies product, teaching you the chemistry behind the product and how to apply the product correctly. It is a one day course for each system. So if you choose to follow the l+p route then you would do a l+p conversion. You would then follow that up with your Masters. This is where you take your skills to an even higher level with the training you recieve from the company. There is Tracey Leja in Loughton and Ketan Patel in Park Royal, who have Creative Training Schools within London.Hths
David

Excellent advice from David,and i agree,you won't go wrong with Creative products and education IMO

Welcome to the gang lol xxxxx

Hi Annabel, if you do your recognised qualification then you will be able to do a conversion course as opposed to a foundation course with your chosen product supplier. A conversion course is where you convert over to the chosen training companies product, teaching you the chemistry behind the product and how to apply the product correctly. It is a one day course for each system. So if you choose to follow the l+p route then you would do a l+p conversion. You would then follow that up with your Masters. This is where you take your skills to an even higher level with the training you recieve from the company. There is Tracey Leja in Loughton and Ketan Patel in Park Royal, who have Creative Training Schools within London.Hths
David

Thanks, That makes a lot of sense and i will look into those training schools.

Latest posts

Back