New beauty room - advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautie

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,

I am in the middle of deciding to move my beauty room to another premises.
Where I am at the moment (renting a room in a gym) doesn't allow me to advertise and so Im finding it hard to grow my business.
I have decided to move and have looked at a small salon n the grounds of a beautiful hotel.
The rent at the hotel is £400pm and at the moment I don't think I would make much profit if I was paying that!
My regular clients have all said they would follow me across, but I have a big worry in my mind that I wont make a profit and fail.

Can anyone give me advice of how I can really boost the business on a budget? I have paid for expensive articles in the past and got me nowhere.

I have agreed to do my first 3 weeks on a 40/60% (60% going to me), which will mean Il only pay for what I use. But after these 3 weeks, thats it, Im paying £400 a month and praying it works out!

Any advice/tips would really be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Does this include electric, gas, rates etc? If it does then it's a good deal.
Break this down £100 a week = £20 a day = a mani or mini facial (eg) which takes 1/2 - 3/4 hour to do, then the rest will be 7 hours to earn money for products and pay tax and yourself.
The other thing is retail to your clients, this can dramatically boost your income and being in a hotel you could invite residents to spa treatments.

Latest posts

Back