New China Glaze gel polish, Gelaze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyshMash

Reaction score
From the China Glaze Facebook page:

We’ve got gel-fabulous news!

From the creators of China Glaze® comes Gelaze®, a revolutionary new gel polish system that has fewer steps than the traditional gel manicure, faster cure times and superior coverage. With Gelaze®, 36 of your favorite China Glaze® shades are now available in long-lasting gel polish.

Gelaze® Gel-n-Base in One, is an innovative 2-in-1, 100% gel polish, with the base coat built right into the polish. Gelaze® delivers a longer lasting manicure in fewer steps than traditional gel with reduced cure times under your choice of UV or LED lamp. Save steps, save time and save money.

Gelaze® will be available November 2013 at fine salons and beauty supply stores.

For more information visit Gélaze

Yet another brand of gel polish. This will be available at Sally's. I wonder if it will be available to the general pubic?? Looks like it will be quite cheap too:

.5 fl oz is suggested retail price of $14.
.33 fl oz is suggested retail price of $12.

Also, this will have a 2-1 base and color coat which sounds quite interesting, wonder how well it will last?

They're about 2 years too late for me. :lol: I got rid of my CG polishes because I didn't have any gel polishes to match them like I did with OPI.

I wonder what colors they'll start off with as I quite like the CG polishes.

If they do neons and ruby pumps then I'm sold! Lol x

1005743_10153018553710626_1953081433_n.jpg

Just saw this pic on my facebook

Looks like ruby pumps maybe?

Attachments

• Gelaze1.jpg
    Gelaze1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,302
There is a website for it Gélaze Not sure how I feel about it but I always love China Glaze colours

Ooph I hope it is!!! :) x

I have a good selection of CH polishes and I have used the past 7 years as I love their wearability! I have however converted to CND and I am a one brand woman :)

Oooo I hope they release this in the UK!

Oo I love the CG polishes! Looking forward to trying these but do hope they keep it for professional use only. X

Any updates? Any prices yet. I think they release tomorrow?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
From the China Glaze Facebook page:

Yet another brand of gel polish. This will be available at Sally's. I wonder if it will be available to the general pubic?? Looks like it will be quite cheap too:

.5 fl oz is suggested retail price of $14.
.33 fl oz is suggested retail price of $12.

Also, this will have a 2-1 base and color coat which sounds quite interesting, wonder how well it will last?

I checked out the Gelaze website and they mention doing thumbs separately and judging by the look of the lamp its a four finger one - hardly for professionals do you think? :rolleyes:

The colours look luvly, may get a couple in to try :)

I am keen to find out if anyone has tried this yet and what your thoughts are? I called Salon Services today and I'm waiting to find out when they will be stocking it?
SS

Last edited by a moderator:
I only saw this on my Facebook yesterday (late to the party as always) and I am desperate to find out when they are being released and where I can get my hands on them. Does anyone know yet?

I will be trying them as soon as I can but I found this on workplaypolish.com for those wondering about colours

Gelaze is a 100% gel polish that includes the base coat built right in, which means fewer steps than traditional gel systems. It can be cured under both LED or UV lamps. The best part? They’re launching with 36 shades…all top China Glaze sellers! So chances are good that your all-time fave color is now available in gel.

Ahoy!
Avalanche
Awakening
Below Deck
Black Diamond
Camisole
Caribbean Temptation
Coconut Kiss
Fairy Dust
Fifth Avenue
Flip Flop Fantasy
For Audrey
Hang Ten Toes
Innocence
Liquid Leather
Long Kiss
Red Pearls
Re-Fresh Mint
Rich & Famous
Ruby Pumps
Salsa
Seduce me
Sexy Silhouette
Shocking Pink

As much as I love CG, the names of the colours always make me cringe!

I don't know whether I trust a 2-in-1 foundation/colour coat. I'll probably pop back here to see what everyone says about it before looking seriously into the system xx

Was at Sally's today looking at this, and although it has nothing to do with the polish itself was very upset with the staff.... When asked if they had the top coat ( as they had none on display) the staff member stated no, but then showed me a regular CG top coat, when I mentioned about it being a SOG product she proceeded to tell me "no you don't need a lamp, it's a new kind of polish... " when I again pointed out that it days on the bottle UV\LED she then told me she has been selling them and they work fine without the lamp...very frustrating that anyone can buy this and the staff are not even aware what they are selling... :( made me so mad I just left the store

Was at Sally's today looking at this, and although it has nothing to do with the polish itself was very upset with the staff.... When asked if they had the top coat ( as they had none on display) the staff member stated no, but then showed me a regular CG top coat, when I mentioned about it being a SOG product she proceeded to tell me "no you don't need a lamp, it's a new kind of polish... " when I again pointed out that it days on the bottle UV\LED she then told me she has been selling them and they work fine without the lamp...very frustrating that anyone can buy this and the staff are not even aware what they are selling... :( made me so mad I just left the store

Woooooow I would have just walked away too.

That's disgusting, was about to buy some from Sally's today, does anyone know if my gelish LED lamp will cure them? I've got an old uv lamp at home but I'd like to check anyway because LED makes it so much easier to do my own nails xx

Latest posts

Back