New Client Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lily smith

Reaction score
Hi all. I've got a new client i'm doing tomorrow. I saw her hair yesterday. Natural colour is a 6, she has it high lighted and there is a lot of blonde with some coppery ones through it but she doesn't like this. I suggested 7/03 but she thought it looked too dark and prefered 8/03. Will this just disappear into the blonde? Will it be too warm? It can't be ginger! Shall I put one of the 7's in with it? I'm using koleston. Thanks x

the 8.03 wont cover the red , ive tried it before. It will have to be lightened with bleach or darkened .Or you could try using 8.17 or 8/0 mixed with 8.1 on the copper sections only - youd have to do it very carefully and judge each section individually and not apply any on the old hi-lites.
but dont take my word for ti! ive been over confident and things have caught up with me lately!

With that range you don't have to add any base. They were designed for grey hair using 9%. They do, however, work fab over blonde with 3% or 6% and hold well. I probably wouldn't use 8/03 0r 7/03 as it is quite matt and may look slightly khaki on the blonde. Are you looking to do this as a full head colour or as hi-lites? Also what is the depth of the copper? If you client wants a full head to even it up, I would go in with maybe 7/60 and 3% on the hi-lited section and 8/60 and 6% on the nat. base 6. This would give you a rich medium blonde. I would of course pre-pig spray the blonde first :) This won't totally eradicate the copper but hide it sufficiently.

Latest posts

Back