New in the Barbering Industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
Hi All, I have recently qualfied Level 2NVQ City n Guilds in mens hairdressing at Calderdale College, Halifax. I am returning in September to do my level 3.
I have been doing a few haircuts at home(successfully) and wondering If any experienced barbers out there could advise me on the next step. I would like to gain some salon experience as I think this would be to my benefit, even if it only means shadowing somebody one day a week even.
As I am now 51years of age (OMG) its difficult to expect the salons of today to want someone my age for the above and also asking fills me with dread. ShouldI just continue to gain my experience from college in the coming year.

I am a fully qualified Nail/Beauty Therapist running my own business from home for 5 years but have recently givenup on the beauty to make way for the hair.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

keepsmiling
Carol Boothroyd
Cottage Nails.:)

hi
well done you....:)
i am the opposite i had my own barbering salon for 4 years and am makin my way to beauty..

have you a few free hours a weeks to volunteer in a barbers??
it really is the best way to learn,, to watch a good barber..
i never actually got the barbering qualification, (got my lv 3 hairdressing tho)
i just learned from watching and asking LOTS of questions...
i soon got better and faster and can now do a perfect gents cut in liek 4 minutes flat...
easy money IMO
best of luck xx

Hi Jotommo, thankyou for the reply, and good luck to you in the beauty industry.

Best Wishes

CArol (Cottage Nails):)

Latest posts

Back