New job? More training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronzebrunette

Reaction score
Well I completed my level 3 hairdressing 12 months ago - I am working in salon, taking clients for all services but I am losing confidence rather than gaining :irked: I dont particularly enjoy the salon I am in and definately dont feel there are stylists I can look up to and learn. I would like to get some more practical training behind me before moving on.. any advice?? Ive been looking into HNC Hairdressing, its 1 day a week (monday) from august to july is this worth while? or would I be better just doing some short courses? or do I just put up with the drudgery lol

i think every hairdresser goes through this its up to you to push yourself for more training go on these courses if you can afford them any practical experience will improve your skills and therefore your confidence. if you have clients in the salon where your working i reckon looking at myhairdressers.com theres lots of professional tutorials. i learnt lots from there and each client you can try something new and if you dont get it perfect just return to the website to see the tutorial again and pick up new tips you may have missed the first time.

sometimes working in these situations make you a stronger person but if you really dont like the salon try and find another salon where you can explain the situation your at. some salons like to train there stylists continuously.

i know what its like to feel like your not excelling hope this helps :D

Latest posts

Back