New Job!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Nail Queen

Reaction score
Hello fellow Geek-ess'! Hope none of you are snowed in if you are in the UK!!!

I have just landed my first job in a brand new salon - i am so excited but also so nervous!! :confused: Does anyone have any good advice for me to help me do well there?? The main things i'm worried about are my timing when doing a full set (takes me 2 hours at the mo - with no drill) and also what to talk to clients about!! I have done nails for really shy people before and couldn't think of any way to strike up a conversation!! Somebody also told me there are certain things that you are not allowed to discuss - i.e politics, personal relationships, etc!! is that right?! :rolleyes:

Please help!! :eek:

P.S How do i get one of those gorgeous little fairy signatures?! xxx:D

Hiya And Congrats Xxx

When I Was A Hairdresser Many Moons Ago I Was Told To Avoid Religion, Finances And Politics. My Main Rule Is To Not Talk About Me Unless Asked. You Could Start With Asking If She Is Having Nails Done For A Special Occasion This Could Generate A Conversation In Itself.

You Sound Like A Friendly Person To Me So I Think You Will Be Just Fine Xx

The Sigs Are By A Lady On Here But I'm Sorry I Cant Remember Her Name, I Am Sure One Of The Other Geeks Will Help.

Best Of Luck And Enjoy Xxx

Me Again ...the Ladys Name Is Peter Pan I Think, She Has A Web Page And You Can Choose The Design You Like. Xx

Hey
Goodluck with your new job. Its quite normal to feel nervous about your new job, but don't worry, things will fall into place! Your day will go so quickly you won't have much time to be nervous. You'll work at quicker pace as you get more confident. Chatting to customers won't be difficult at all - but try to concentrate whilst talking to them!
Let us know how your first day goes! xx

2 hrs is good for a full set, It means your not cutting corners. If you explain to your clients that proper prep takes time, thus avoiding future problems and servise breakdown, they will be happy to be with someone who obviously cares about the service they are giving. Dont worry, a conversation will strike and it leads on to other subjects. Sex, Politics and so on are all "no, no's" But it depends on how well you know your client. Mine talk about all sorts, even with my collegues clients! In fact, thats why I enjoy being in a salon envoirament instead of mobile!! Dont worry, you'll love it! Best of luck x
icon_biggrin.gif
x

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine. Just be yourself, you sound really friendly, like Angie says get the conversation going about the client. Best of luck :wink2:

Hiya

I talk a right load of rubish with my clients from the weather to singers and songs, i always avoid talking about me unless asked, religion big no no and politics. We all have our different veiws and opinions and its best to keep yours to yourself all the time......................the talking point in my salon at the moment has been Eastenders and the wedding of the year between Charles and Cammilla..................dont worry you will be fine..............good luck

Amanda

chrisbow said:
Good luck, I am sure you will be fine. Just be yourself, you sound really friendly, like Angie says get the conversation going about the client. Best of luck :wink2:

Just wanted to wish you luck too. You'll be great :hug:

I am sure you'll be a star - Good Luck!

Hi, thank you for all the advice!! Just to let you know the opening day went really well, I got some bookings and a lot of interest. I have had a few clients and its getting easier as i go along!! I really love it!!

If anyone is from the area, the salon is Supertan - a tanning and nail salon on Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell, (Near Milton Keynes) UK! Come and visit!! xxx

ADiva1 said:
Hey
Goodluck with your new job. Its quite normal to feel nervous about your new job, but don't worry, things will fall into place! Your day will go so quickly you won't have much time to be nervous. You'll work at quicker pace as you get more confident. Chatting to customers won't be difficult at all - but try to concentrate whilst talking to them!
Let us know how your first day goes! xx

The Nail Queen said:
Hi, thank you for all the advice!! Just to let you know the opening day went really well, I got some bookings and a lot of interest. I have had a few clients and its getting easier as i go along!! I really love it!!
Excellent news, so glad you're enjoying it too :D
xx

My clients actually love me telling them what i am doing to their nails step by step, especially if it is a new client, sometimes its important to explain to put them at ease, and this helps with conversation too!!

I'm really pleased that you are getting on so well. :hug:

Hi
Just to wish u luck in your new job,
let us know how your first day went.

Latest posts

Back