New logo, what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylou

Reaction score
Hey geeks I was hoping someone can direct me too a designer apart from verve as I love Carl but struggle with mailing .. He's amazing i love my logo but Need some one I can directly speak too as I'm just so fussy!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367686780.484332.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367686780.484332.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 454
It's not my thing for a logo to be honest, that font seems to be used a lot too. But if you like it that's the main thing. So are you looking to get that redesigned? I've noticed designers seem to have their own style which is recognizable so go with one whose logos you like already. If you search the forum there is a list of people, good luck x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I like that logo to be honest. If you need that logo re done or updated etc. I would really suggest trying to work with Carl even though I know you said you didn't want to. I am sure he can cater to your needs no matter how fussy.

For what he charges it really is a winner. If you go with another company expect the £250 region.

no my mistake i meant i need some one design my leaflets and buisness cards iv worked with carl he did my logo the one above and i like it how it is yes he;'s great and had a lot of patience with me ...
i just struggle conveying what i want through mail so im looking for some one as good as him who i can get the rest done by i will be in touch penquin design sorry forgot the rest of the name xx:D

just out of curiosity what is your'e logo like hun im just being nosey i suppose i didnt have a clue what too do or go for and didnt have the time search research through what others looked like :)
but with saying that i am happy with what iv got and and carl is very cheap i wated too send him more money as he kept sending new drafts as i coukldnt make up my mind but he wouldnt except them !!

Carls service is undoubtedly brilliant and cheap. Ill pm you mine, I worked with a graphic designer so although I did it I had lots of help and her styke was more what I was after.
A friend of mine hired a local design guy to do all her logos leaflets etc and it was more expensive but it shows, they look fantastic. Do you have a local businesses Facebook page where you can ask around for someone and examples of their work? I prefer to work online with suppliers but you shouldnt apologise if you don't, maybe you could express what you want in person. Do you have examples of what you want to help Carl or whoever youre with?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

hi facelashbrow,,
thanks for ur reply yes I did send carl a few designs just didn't think too send deisgns of what others had done drrr"!!!
never mind im happy my problem now uis I need the rest of my stuff done and would prefer some one I can talk too over the phione if im honest I will keep looking im sure I seen a thread on here the other week xx
just out of curiosity thow how do u get the price lists sorted do u just send a list of treatments u do and they sort out the format and any layout or do u you're self have too do that ? im not really sure what I want and how the layout should be I don't really know where too start ..I would like too just send a list I suppose with the headings and then treatments underneath then price etc ...what did u do x:hug:

hi could I see ur logo please x
:D

I think what Lou is trying to say is that she's got the logo she wanted (we did over a dozen drafts, she chose her own fonts etc. so i'd like to think she got what she wanted!) But because of various "communications issues" I suggested she probably needs to sit down with someone for the more complicated process of designing leaflets. I'm partially deaf- so i'm not much use on the phone for her....and some emails have been hard to figure out :D I'm sure she wouldnt mind me saying that.

So, my suggestion was to find a designer local to her, who can sit her down and explain things face to face but the new logo/brand can still be used.

I think it's best she Googles local design companies, the more intensely consultative approach might be tad more expensive mind (run the prices by me though, i'm more than to advise you, for free, as I wouldnt want you to be ripped off) and if you can get your head around my process (which is on my site as a checklist) come back to me.

It's different strokes for different folks- And I want people to find a solution which works for them. So, If that means passing on a project- that's fine by me If a client ends up with what they need. 999 out of a 1000 I'd like to think that was me, but there are exceptions.

And yes Lou you were mad enough to try and send me more money than you needed to :) but a £20 logo is £20 so I refused ;)

Last edited:
Yes Carl ,, that's exactly what I meant I'm very happy with my logo in fact I love it ,. It excellent at what u Fo the proof is in the pudding or in ur case ur designs speak volumes and u only have too search for u on here and the feed back is always positive! And no I don't mind u saying my emails were hard too understand as I totally agree lol .. This is all new too me just need get cracking on the rest of the stuff now ,, website.. leaflets ,,business cards , price lists

Im not on my laptop but can show you tomorrow although I dont think itll help you lol. My leaflets are a price list on the back and a collage of work and my logo on the front. Yes I agree with Carl and thats why I mentioned in my above post about meeting someone local with examples of leaflets you like. Have a google and pick up other salons leaflets.

I know youre popular here carl so was a bit worried about saying anything about going elsewhere so its nothing against you or your work but like you say its different strokes and I'm sure I'm not right for every client too.x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I used a local designer I met through networking so I had seen a lot of her work. We had a few meetings to discuss what I wanted and she made some suggestions, it worked well & she was reasonably priced too!

Latest posts

Back