New nail tech-some advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek20

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently trained with Harmony for mani/pedi and gelish. I have done a few sets on friends and I feel pretty happy with them. Today I had a walk in client come to salon, she already had normal nail polish on and I tried so hard to get it off. I got it off the nail but I could not for the life of me get it off around the cuticle (where the customer had done a bit of a dodgy polish). The issue I have is that now the end result looks like it is me that has gone over the edge and some of the fingers just look a bit messy, as we were using the same colour as her polish before.
How do you get that off around the cuticle?
Also I was taught to dry brush the fingers after doing the foundation coat, but this is causing loads of little hairs to go on to the nail making painting a nightmare. I clean the harmony brush after every use with the cleanser but does anyone have any tips for those annoying little hairs ?

Ugh there's nothing that bugs me more than when a client has normal polish on and theyve got it all over their skin and it genuinely won't budge even with acetone. I sometime end up popping a soak off (acetone and foil) on for about 5 minute to try and lift it. Will definitely be following this thread for other peoples tips.

Following. Bugs me too.

You could try tipping an orange stick with cotton wool. It can be quite handy to get any last little bits of polish out of the nooks and crannies as you can really scrub and get a bit more pressure because of the stick. I've recently switched to cotton filled gauze pads, they remove lacquer brilliantly, even stubborn glitter, because of the texture they are nice and scrubby.

I vaguely recall in a really old thread someone mentioned they used a lint free wipe to dry brush instead of an actual brush. Could give that a go? It really would have to be totally lint free though!

Latest posts

Back