New Nail Tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brervixen

Reaction score
Hi, I've only very recently qualified to "do nails" as I put it! I'm not really pushing as of yet and have done a few shellacs and been doing one client's acrylics regular since I started training.

I was just looking for some help/guidance as to the best places to publicize... like should I get leaflets and do a leaflet drop? I'm going to be doing mobile for the foreseeable!

I know I'm not going to be MAD busy in my first few months, but I do want to build up my clients and reputation. I'm a bit crap at marketing myself though!

ANY help at all would be amazing x

I've personally had a good few clients through my facebook page. I don't have a major amount of likes yet but i've had people messaging me for appointments. I make sure to update every time I have a new picture of nails etc so it keeps the momentum going.

I've also set up a free website that looks super professional and direct people towards that. Also had some business cards that i've handed out to people in my work to give to family/friends and passed onto some local businesses. Gumtree is also good for a wee advertisement.

Basically anything you think that helps promote you. I've even heard of people doing small things for charity like doing nails as a fundraiser or going to do nails in an elderly home.

Set up a Facebook page, sign up to Vistaprint as they do some brill offers on business cards/leaflets/brochures they do all sorts! When you get clients aswell, start up a loyalty scheme so that after x amount of treatments they fet next one at discounted price x

Excellent, thanks all! I'm on facebook already, have got 70 likes! I suppose it will just be a case of getting myself out there! I don't mind doing friends and such until I get more word of mouth spread about! :)

Latest posts

Back