New name or Old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edenic

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the site for some time now and think you guys are fab! The support that you give to each other is amazing! :)

I've finally got round to registering coz...I need your advice/opinion (always an ulterior motive eh??).

I'm about to take over an existing beauty salon business and will be extending the premises to include a hair salon. I really don't like the name of the beauty salon and will be naming the hair salon "Eden". My question is..do I take this opportunity to change name of the beauty side of the business too or do I stick with the name that has been established for 15 years and has a solid client base and reputation?

Many thanks in advance :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edenic

I guess that would depend on several things such as what the current name is, do you want to overhaul the beauty side, what image are you trying to project to your potential clientèle - do you have a business and marketing plan yet? (i dont think you'll loose customers if you change the name, so long as its done correctly and in line with your plans)

Louise

how about just changing the visuals for the old name for a fresh new look without ailenating old customers.

Thanks for your replies.

The old name is very dated and doesn't project the right image (it's Chapeltone Figure Studio.. see what I mean :lol:). I do want to completely refurbish it as soon as finances allow but most of my money will be spent on the hair salon initially. I want to project a relaxing image and atmosphere which it doesn't have now, it's a bit clinical and run down as it is, but apparently does have a good client base. The current owner said she didn't refurb as she wants her customers to feel comfortable. I'm not quite sure what she meant by that the more I think about it, maybe she thought they would be put off if it was too "posh" but that's putting her customers down a bit I think. Surely they all want to have their treatments in a nice calm relaxing environment?!...sorry now I'm starting to waffle a bit!

Edenic
x x

Latest posts

Back