New NSS opening up in town

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trusim

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well here is my rant....

We have a new NSS opening up in town next week. I'm a bit shocked I guess, I really only thought it would happy in Major Cities, not large country towns.

Besides the fact, we will all have to work our little fingers to the bone, and try to keep and satisfy the clinetele we have...

what is really irking me is that I have many Nail Tech friends all over town, and they cant wait to use them.... ??? :eek::eek:

I may be over re-acting, but I'm just in shock..... :eek::eek:

I know, build a bridge and get over it..... but gee wizz, we know "the possibilities of what can / may happen"...

Thank you for reading my rant.. have a wonderful day:)

Hey ... you are the one who is known and they will be the new shop on the block. You may feel a small blip in business but if you keep you dignity and DO NOT lower your prices and deliver an excellent experience for your clients then I don't think you need worry.

Out of interest, how do you know they will be a non standard salon ... how do you know what products they will be using or what their hygiene routine will be before they have even opened?

Unfortunately the same thing has happened to me just as you turn out of my road there is a street full of shops one of those shops is a beauty and nail salon and they use CND. And about 10 seconds down the road there is a new NSS salon that opened this week.
There isnt anything we can actually do apart from promote our services more and make a strong fact that we use quality products.

Many of my clients wont go near NSS due to bad past experiences with them and many people i have spoke to are the same. Just because they are quick doesnt mean to say people will go to NSS salon.

NSS in my area are not even cheap anymore they charge between £25-£30 per set.

Unfortunately the same thing has happened to me just as you turn out of my road there is a street full of shops one of those shops is a beauty and nail salon and they use CND. And about 10 seconds down the road there is a new NSS salon that opened this week.
There isn't anything we can actually do apart from promote our services more and make a strong fact that we use quality products.

Many of my clients wont go near NSS due to bad past experiences with them and many people i have spoke to are the same. Just because they are quick doesn't mean to say people will go to NSS salon.

NSS in my area are not even cheap anymore they charge between £25-£30 per set.

I reiterate what Gigi said above - how do you know they are a non standard salon - ie a salon with no "standards" - how do you know they use poor quality products.

A discount salon is not a euphemism for poor quality!

As the saying goes "assume makes an ass out of u and me" LOL.

Concentrate on your own business making it the best it can be and dont worry about what others are doing!

We had an NSS open here last November, the week before formals. I noticed a slight decrease in business, though none of my regulars left me. I noticed a decrease in those new clients that call and want a full set done the same day then ring around all the salons in town until they find someone to fit them in.

Now the NSS has been open a few months word is getting round quickly about their low hygiene standards - Yes, the public does care about salon hygiene/cleanliness - and poor quality of work. I'm noticing an increase in business again and a few people are saying they don't want to go back there again.

You'll be fine, don't think of this new salon as a threat:)

Out of interest, how do you know they will be a non standard salon ... how do you know what products they will be using or what their hygiene routine will be before they have even opened?

geeg, you must've been reading my mind. :hug:

I think we need to make a differentiation between NSS and 'discount' salons. I do believe there is a difference. I've worked in licensed salons, run by licensed nail technicians that were NSS. Poor prepping, no sanitation, barbicide jars that had an inch of god-knows-what in the bottom. I could go on and on but I won't...I just ate breakfast.

Then there are the 'discount' salons that charge a ridiculously low amount for a set of nails, a mani or pedi. Discount salons, IMHO, may or may NOT be NSS. Until we go into one, we'll never know if they are non-standard or not.

I feel better, now. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back