New OPI and Creative Nail Colour Brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreekNails

Reaction score
Im just wondering if anyone else has noticed that since the CND Colours and Effects were launched (in the new style bottles) that the application brush is much wider and not so easy to use.

Ive also found the same problem with new OPI Colours Ive had suppled from the US.

Both brushes offer too much liquid on the brush / stem and also bottles are used much more quickly (maybe the reason!!!).

has anyone else noticed this?

Eva

Hey Eva, long time no chat :hug:

I like the new style brushes and don't find that I'm applying too much. The Shellac brushes are the same and I have no probs with those either.

:green:

I like the new style brushes and don't find that I'm applying too much. The Shellac brushes are the same and I have no probs with those either.

I adore the new brushes with the triangular hairs .. they give such a flawless result and do not hold too much polish, provided you remove the brush from the bottle correctly before polishing (see tutorials on Shellac application). I don't actually find the brushes bigger at all, just better. I believe they are an amazing positive change.

We all need to adapt when things change .. that is why they change, to make things better and easier for the technician ... try not to be so cynical ... I don't use any more polish now than I ever did, in fact I believe I use less.

Thanks for replies guys.
Yes sorry Sandy, my Salon is full and bursting all day these days, so Geeking is a real luxury when I have spare time. I hope you are all good.

I will keep on with the new "Prowide" / traingle brushes, and hope that I can get back to the applications I knew and loved with the old OPI and CND bottles. If you all think they are ok, then maybe Im missing a trick!

I love wide brushes, application is much easier and even. OPI changed the brushes with wide info about it a long time ago - 3 years I think. I was just painting color wheels, and wide brushes are sooo comfortable.

Maybe you use bottles quicker because you have more clients :) no matter which brush I have, amount of varnish on the nail stays the same.

Latest posts

Back