New OPI LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
I really want the new OPI LED, the design of the current model in terms of being a dust trap drives me mad. Why is it that the lamp is not yet available from Coty on the pro sites in the US or the UK but there are loads of people (on both sides of the pond) offering it on Ebay? Where do these people get them from?

The Ebay price is pretty good and I am soooooooo tempted to buy. Anyone know when it will be officially launched by Coty and the rough price. Can anyone see a problem in my buying it from Ebay (they say they have a 1 year warranty)?

It's very likely to be counterfeit-how else are sellers getting hold of it when big suppliers don't have it in stock?! It would also very likely be a grey area with your insurance.

I actually think it is unlikely to be counterfeit since the exact design cannot yet be bought from the official sources so what would they be copying? Personally my insurance does not stipulate specific manufacturers of equipment. It does however stipulate that all my electrical goods need yearly PAT testing. Assuming the lamp would pass a PAT test, there wouldn't be a problem with insurance.

I'm not sure how this happens, but it happened with the last OPI lamp as well. I was able to get mine off of craigslist before my local distributor had it. I bought mine from a student who had gotten it, but decided to go with another brand. I also know a few colleges that had them before anyone else and sold off extras. I think OPI often introduces its new stock to colleges and schools first.

Very interesting ... Is it this one ?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434320762.925467.jpg

Looks really nice ... The ones we have are the dust collectors .. How on earth can you keep dust out of those grooves ?i use a Hoover how do you clean yours [emoji85][emoji85] please someone have a fab idea :)

Yes, that's it and I agree with you Airey Fairy, the groves drive me nuts. I clean mine every night with a soft brush - only a man could have added a design feature (totally nonfunctional) that gathers dust on a black piece of equipment destined for a nail salon :)

I can't wait to get hold of the new one, looks like a much better design, still not sure about ordering on Ebay though.

Yes, that's it and I agree with you Airey Fairy, the groves drive me nuts. I clean mine every night with a soft brush - only a man could have added a design feature (totally nonfunctional) that gathers dust on a black piece of equipment destined for a nail salon :)

I can't wait to get hold of the new one, looks like a much better design, still not sure about ordering on Ebay though.

Ahh JuicyLucy did so not think of that using a soft brush I will go and try this now thank you.. Only thing I love love about the opi is that it's great for toes as it lifts up with the little feet on the ones we have now... A clever and very needed function I find the CND uv lamps a pain in the backside for toes [emoji29][emoji29] so I try and deter clients to opi on toes... countless times have they knocked it etc even obv with the finger groves device out of the way. You are so right about it being a male designer [emoji23] they sometimes have no clue do they [emoji5]️ I hope the new opi has all of the same timing functions as I religiously use the 60 sec to shake shake shake the bottles.. Have you used infinite shine as yet ?
We have and so far so good just thought I'd ask xx

Just asked Coty UK and they say it will be available in August this year. Not sure I can wait that long.

Latest posts

Back