New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can finally join in with this chat, I've got my 12 week scan on Wednesday next week! I am so excited!! [emoji5]️ xxx

I have loads of OBEM episodes recorded. Waiting till I have the to to myself to sit down and watch them.

I'm not in a good way, feeling mega sorry for myself this week.
Had a fall on Tuesday night leaving a clients and ended up going to hospital to get baby checked. She's fine which is fantastic (thank god!)
but I'm battered and bruised & the fall has brought my sciatica on [emoji24] totally not what I need right now when I'm trying to scrape
Every penny together ready for Mat leave [emoji17]

How are all of you? Xx

I can finally join in with this chat, I've got my 12 week scan on Wednesday next week! I am so excited!! [emoji5]️ xxx

Aww Congrats! Xx

I had a blood test yesterday and got my results back tonight which show I have an overactive thyroid which is putting strain on my heart and causing frequent periods (which I thought was the implant) no wonder iv been feeling ill. Looking at the lists of symptoms for it I have them all! Anyone have any experience with this? X

I love watching obem and I'm not even pregnant! I think I watch it more for the stories behind each person! Make sure you put your feet up on Sunday @cheekychick and thoroughly rest on your day off!

What's all your partners/mums/other children got planned for all you mums and mums to be on Sunday? Or is it a surprise? Xx

I had a blood test yesterday and got my results back tonight which show I have an overactive thyroid which is putting strain on my heart and causing frequent periods (which I thought was the implant) no wonder iv been feeling ill. Looking at the lists of symptoms for it I have them all! Anyone have any experience with this? X
At least you've got to the route of the problem! Did you have an overactive thyroid before having your little one? X

I love watching obem and I'm not even pregnant! I think I watch it more for the stories behind each person! Make sure you put your feet up on Sunday @cheekychick and thoroughly rest on your day off!

What's all your partners/mums/other children got planned for all you mums and mums to be on Sunday? Or is it a surprise? Xx

Il probably get a cuppa in bed if I'm lucky [emoji23] xx

I think it's hard to find one with imagination these days x

I know someone with this. They are on tablets and had to have their thyroid removed but it depends on the extent and severity of it. Make a double appointment with your GP if you can to go over it all and discuss your options. Or they might have already referred you to an endocrinologist?

Most importantly, don't panic. A new diagnosis is scary when you don't know about it but there are ways of controlling most things now x

At least you've got to the route of the problem! Did you have an overactive thyroid before having your little one? X

No never had it before x

I know someone with this. They are on tablets and had to have their thyroid removed but it depends on the extent and severity of it. Make a double appointment with your GP if you can to go over it all and discuss your options. Or they might have already referred you to an endocrinologist?

Most importantly, don't panic. A new diagnosis is scary when you don't know about it but there are ways of controlling most things now x

Yes I am being referred to an endocrinologist, have no idea what they do? He just said my levels are double what they should be and my heart is working overtime so if I don't do something about it now my heart is at risk! He said sometimes it can go back to normal after being on tablets x

My daughter was born with an under active thyroid so I don't have experience with over active but she has blood tests every 3/6months to check her hormone levels and she has medication every day and will do for life. Once I got my head around it all its very easily manageable and you wouldn't know any different!

Like I said hers is under not over so I don't know if they have any similarities! At least now you have diagnosis you can get help to feel better!!! Lots of love and hugs to you xx

Yes I am being referred to an endocrinologist, have no idea what they do? He just said my levels are double what they should be and my heart is working overtime so if I don't do something about it now my heart is at risk! He said sometimes it can go back to normal after being on tablets x

Again I don't know if it's similar at all, but when Ava was born her levels hit 'off the scale' so they couldn't even get a accurate reading - she started having her medication and within 6 weeks there was an improvement, and after 6 months she was at perfectly healthy levels. Xx

As far as I was told overactive seems harder to treat than underactive. Just remembered my aunties have it as well and I think they're just medicated. Can't help with what the endocrinologist will do but it's their speciality x

I am now taking 7 tablets a day! I'm gonna rattle soon! Lol x

Congratulations! X

Looks like I'm having a girl :) 21 anatomy scan today and all looked healthy thank God xxxx

It looks like it's a year of girls!!! Last year everyone I knew had a boy now it's all girls!! [emoji177]

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457863229.897263.jpg

Here is baby at our scan on Wednesday :) we were 11+4 so am 12+1 today! Absolutely loved seeing our little one on the screen we both just fell in love instantly!

Now the debate has started on whether we find out or not at our next scan, I don't want to but Hubby does [emoji85] xxx

Latest posts

Back