New "PROFESSIONAL" Salon !!!! (NOT)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne7174

Reaction score
New salon opening just down the road from me big signs everywhere Professional this Professional that only use top products like OPI and they going to charge a massive £14 for a full set of extensions something tells me they not so professional ??? wish I had their supplier of "Professional" products then maybe I could make a profit on £14 a set !
Thats my moan out of the way for today
have a good one guys

14 quid!! that's cheap ..what set of nails is that price?...i pay 45 for mine & thats CND p&w sculpts

I hope you have your cerificates up behind reception/ nr your desk, it doesnt matter about the signs people KNOW so dont worry M8, I have salons undercutting everything I do, I say nothing and the work, uniforms, certificates, and displays talk for me.

Some places when they are starting out offer a very low charge to get the clients in and then when they go back for the re-balances the charges are higher. Its business. A bit of a bitch when you are near them working. unfortunately some of a persons own clients will go to them due to the price.....BUT!! If your standards are high, you dont cause damage, your work precise and the clients best interest is paramount they will be back. Promise!
x

I have a salon 2 doors away from me that has a big A board outside advertising spray tans at £10 and a sign in their window advertising nail enhancements at £15,

I charge £25 for a spray tan and £35 upwards for a set of nails,

quite a lot of clients have mentioned this to me and i have just said it is up to them what they charge and there is nothing i can do about it but i certainly am not prepared to go into a price war with them,
i will not lower my standards so i can not lower my prices,

all of my clients have agreed with me and quite a few of them have mentioned that the salon used to have a very good reputation for been high class but it looks like its going to the dogs now,

this is how clients see cheap salons so they are not doing their selves any favours in the long run and what ever clients they do gain they will lose again as soon as they increase in their prices hth

I have not lost one client to them, you just hold on in there it just makes your salon look like it does higher quality work :hug:

I offered spray tans at 10 euros for 2 months. I did shedloads and when the offer was over they continued to come back paying full price. However with nails I find if I do an offer they come for the offer and never come back again for rebalances. Odd huh?! Often, but not always cheap offers attract cheap clients.

Latest posts

Back