New Shellac colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hoping for pastels or cool colours. Yes, I use mica powders to create the spring and summer colours, and yes, the additives will be lovely but it would be nice not have to mix and match.

I'm fed up too with having to layer colours, plus it adds to the treatment time and cost as you're adding an extra layer, which in the long run adds up. The shellac colours they bring out seem to be quite samey, especially the pinks..........

I think additives will nicely fill the gap so to speak for pastels etc. i look dark colours and as an autumn winter collection they are fab!

I did some layering the other day 5 summery pinks, corals and reds with 4 different layering colours created 20 different summery colours.... bigger colour choice and just think how much 20 individual bottles of shellac would cost, never mind storage or transportation. Also polishing cream puff under your colours gives more depth and vibrancy as well. Win win i say :)

In all honesty i look at gel polishes and think blimey how could i choose which ones to get lmao... Though im
not saying this as a negative you understand.

I have 20 shellac colours at the mo and about to get the full 36 soon, but with 20 colours my clients um and ah which to go for... they cant decide as they like several of them.

My clients are generally the 30+ bracket and thats who i market to, the colours on offer from cnd are classic, bold, bright and delicate and feel there is something for everyone.

Just my thoughts geekies :)

Couldn't agree more Laura, it does baffle me when people moan about layering Shellac, that's the whole point and beauty of it, endless colour options for less money/products/space.

People also keep commenting about more time and money being spent by layering colours. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if your Shellac service is priced correctly then that is already factored in to your costs as well as removal. It costs YOU a certain amount to do a Shellac treatment (if you don't know then get in touch with S2 who will tell you), so to add one thin layer of another colour really isn't damaging your profits really is it ;)

And if you really don't like it then don't use it. If you are negative about Shellac, that will come through to your clients.

Personally I love everything about it and think it's the best thing the nail industry has seen in years. I've converted a few of my clients to Shellac through them feeling my passion and excitement about it when I talk about it. You have to love any product you use for any nail or beauty service you offer or your passion doesn't come through to your clients. And still so many people who haven't heard of it or tried it yet. So it's actually a very lucrative business indeed!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more Laura, it does baffle me when people moan about layering Shellac, that's the whole point and beauty of it, endless colour options for less money/products/space.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I agree with you, I only have 20 colours but I have over 50 colours for the client to choose when it comes to layering. They have a hard time picking as there are so many, but that is only using 20 shellac colours, that's not including my mica colours,Rockstars and nail art fans and wheels I have and will be a lot more when additives come out.

The possibilities are endless with shellac, and personally I love it. I converted 2 new clients to shellac this week and they were amazed by it. New colours, mean new layering options and new colours. I would much prefer to have only 20-30 bottles of shellac than over 60-70 in a gel polish brand and still have a fab range of colours to offer.

Latest posts

Back