New Shellac colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji16][emoji16]

Dont mean to be negative but......i see very little difference in the new colours. This new one called grommet looks practically the same as the others

Attachments

• 1433179239125.jpg
    1433179239125.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 261
I find I need to see them in person, then I usually fall in love lol

I really can not believe that we are not receiving new colours just shades lighter or darker what about a bright magenta a client came into my salon claiming it was shellac but the colour definitely was to vibrant, gorgeous and different to be shellac I know my shellac! Is there not a place where we can put requests?

I quite like them. The peacock blue looks lovely and vibrant and I'm a sucker for a dark, rich red. I can see naked naivety being very popular with my ladies who work in jobs where they can't wear bright colours.

I think the additives are a nice change too.

The new naked neive is nice. The confetti glitter reminds me of the barry m nail polish!

Another devastating let down from CND. I'm a shellac tech through & through and have never used another product or brand. I really need to start thinking about this as my clients are almost as disappointed as me when I tell them that new collections are launching, and then upon seeing them, find they're either very similar to other shades or just plain & boring. [emoji53]
I agree with the above, either a shade lighter or darker every time!! It's so frustrating. [emoji21]
I think the only one I'll be purchasing will be Naked Naiveté as supposedly the 'sparkly' purple (Poison Plum) has a worldwide delay for a release date. [emoji35]

Please God give us some SPARKLES for the next collection!!! Not a pastel shimmer or sparkly additives (there's enough of them!!) I mean how long are we ASKING for a sparkly Ruby Ritz type Shellac in multiple colours??!! Just give us a Glitter Collection!!!!!! I thought when we ASK they claim to LISTEN?? Not the truth I'm afraid. Gutted. [emoji20]

Rant over. The only ever rant I think I've had on SG. [emoji15]

I absolutely agree with clover hill I hate to be negative but have ploughed lots of money into shellac and as a system I love it but get so excited when the new colours come out and within seconds I'm deflated.....customers are getting bored with the shade lighter or shade darker as they appear to be they want something totally different ....its summer those colours are so dark ....where are are vibrant and bright summer shades ......yes I understand that we can make thousands of colours by layering but personally I haven't the time to sit and faff about finding what looks nice with what ....i want to pick a colour and done as nails aren't my main line of work although still important .....please CND listen to what the customer wants .....x

I absolutely agree with clover hill I hate to be negative but have ploughed lots of money into shellac and as a system I love it but get so excited when the new colours come out and within seconds I'm deflated.....customers are getting bored with the shade lighter or shade darker as they appear to be they want something totally different ....its summer those colours are so dark ....where are are vibrant and bright summer shades ......yes I understand that we can make thousands of colours by layering but personally I haven't the time to sit and faff about finding what looks nice with what ....i want to pick a colour and done as nails aren't my main line of work although still important .....please CND listen to what the customer wants .....x
Amen!!!

I use CND Shellac and IBD Just Gel. I have also tried Gelish, OPI GelColor, LeChat and I.N.K London I.L.A.C. They are all good and all have their own strengths and weaknesses. But in my opinion, Shellac isn't just good, it's GREAT. I love it, and feel that I am offering a good quality system.
Having said that, I have every shade ever produced, and always buy every shade released. I will buy all of them again, but sadly this time it will be a bit grudgingly, and the delays with the release of Poison Plum is adding to the disappointment. Also, I am still smarting with the reduction in size of the pigments, despite the explanations of the reasons.
I would also like to see some glitters, even just one in each collection would be good. I also get frustrated that you have so many 'limited editions' as clients fall in love and then get disappointed when you are no longer able to get it. I understand discontinueing colours that are not popular, but why can't colours like Ruby Ritz, Tinsle Toast and Iced Vapour be available all the time. I love Chiffon Twirl and Hummingbird Glitter so much I am temped to hide them from clients and keep them for myself.
I am NOT condoning buying products from unofficial sellers, but I can understanding why people buy colours like RR & TT from eBay, to keep their clients happy (again I am not supporting this).
But...............I still love you CND :)

For the first time I will not be buying all [emoji22] disappointed! The additives though they are a different story [emoji7][emoji7] x

Mine arrive tomorrow! (I've ordered all expect Peacock Plume). I'm hoping that Rouge Rite doesn't look the same as any of the other many reds though. I'm most excited about Naked Naivete and Tartan Punk:).

I'm praying that Naked Naïveté only requires 2 coats and not 3 [emoji120] sick of having to apply 3 coats lately with certain shades [emoji78]

I've also been desperate for a bold royal blue! No shimmer, not navy or dark blue, but royal/cobalt blue. Once again....maybe next time [emoji78]

I would like a royal blue as well! And a tiffany blue. I used to use bio sculpture and I still sit and think about all the colours I loved in that range, such a wide range.

Latest posts

Back