New Shellac top coat yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DizzyD

Reaction score
Recently brought the new express 5 shellac top coat and you can see a definite yellow tinge on application. I have a glitter on that over the week it has picked up and green yellowy tinge. I have to say I'm really not impressed. I'm sure I read somewhere someone else had noted this too. What do you all find.
Ps I always buy all my products from Sweet squared.

I only bought express 5 last week but noticed this yesterday when I used it over a white accent nail. The bright white turned to bright cream hmmmm Def needs sorting. I'm still keeping a bottle of the regular top coat for use over whites/lights.

Can anyone report on how much time is saved when soaking off?

I noticed a yellow tinge when i did white holo glitter over studio white. Applied thinly ans cured in uv lamp.

I did a new set today and the client wanted full block white nails. I used the new Express5 top coat and upon initial application yes it does look slightly yellowish, but if you apply it nice and thin, unlike the original top coat, once cured there's no yellow at all. So keep it nice and thin and it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes if you apply it thinly you shouldn't see the yellow x

Latest posts

Back