New silk lift control

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The beige is fantastic on every darker colour base that needs breaking up, tinted or non, it gives a beautiful creamy blonde result, the ash is a little harder to work with I find, it does give an amazing clean scalp application I can't even describe in a number what tone I'm left with but is super clean, however the only down side to working with the ash is it turns previously bleached hair purple even if it's tinted over the old bleach, bit awkward when my lady's ombre turned lilac on the ends recently! I also find that it has a limit of lifting capability, it seems to stop after around 30 mins and it won't go any further, unlike other bleaches which normally continue to develop as long as u leave them for, on the whole I do like it but feel a bit apprehensive using it sometimes, I wouldn't use it as an every day bleach just a speciality for specific results, one thing I haven't tried yet is alternating ash and beige in foils, has anyone tried this? Do u have a pic?

I wonder what beige looks like on level 5 or darker hair... I was considering using both beige and ash for a color melt on virgin hair. Good to know about overlapping issues, I'd have a heart attack if I turned someone lilac unintentionally. I've heard you can mix half silk lift strong with silk lift ash for less control - have you tried that? Also is silk lift beige more forgiving if you overlapped a little?

The beige is fantastic on every darker colour base that needs breaking up, tinted or non, it gives a beautiful creamy blonde result, the ash is a little harder to work with I find, it does give an amazing clean scalp application I can't even describe in a number what tone I'm left with but is super clean, however the only down side to working with the ash is it turns previously bleached hair purple even if it's tinted over the old bleach, bit awkward when my lady's ombre turned lilac on the ends recently! I also find that it has a limit of lifting capability, it seems to stop after around 30 mins and it won't go any further, unlike other bleaches which normally continue to develop as long as u leave them for, on the whole I do like it but feel a bit apprehensive using it sometimes, I wouldn't use it as an every day bleach just a speciality for specific results, one thing I haven't tried yet is alternating ash and beige in foils, has anyone tried this? Do u have a pic?
Is there a way to avoid that lilac cast? I just started using it , of course I used it on myself first, bingo! Lilac highlights mixed with my beige! Looks awful! I toned over it with shades EQ Irish cream, it hasn't budged. I may need to contact the co. Cosmoprof (my supplier) was no help!

Is there a way to avoid that lilac cast? I just started using it , of course I used it on myself first, bingo! Lilac highlights mixed with my beige! Looks awful! I toned over it with shades EQ Irish cream, it hasn't budged. I may need to contact the co. Cosmoprof (my supplier) was no help!
It will come out eventually, your best off using silk lift strong over old highlights any overlap will turn lilac otherwise x

Latest posts

Back