New software help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are 2 main pieces of advice here:

1) ask others about their experiences
2) compare software / systems before you part with your cash

I would openly invite anyone who is considering software to try at least 3 different providers before you buy. Please keep in mind that systems can offer various different features and contract lengths can vary massively - some can tie you in for 5 years for example.

What might seem like a lot of money will pale in comparison when you have all the features at your disposal. Our system has been developed over the last 20 years to help salon and spa businesses with booking appointments, processing transactions, stock control, reporting and marketing. There's a 24-7 helpdesk on hand as well in case you get stuck!

Check out our website - www.shortcuts.co.uk - and let me know if you would like more information. We are happy to pop in and see you to give a demo of our system :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I mention the same software as it's what we use in my salon and people on here have asked for thoughts and any recommendations??!!

I have to say the 'con' mentioned is the only one that I have come across, Platinum has been in our salon now for around 7 years and has always been an excellent product, for us.

We have found that a 24-7 helpdesk is more beneficial to a busy salon environment than a call-back service. A lot of salon owners prefer to do their stock control, reporting and marketing when the salon is closed (evenings & weekends) so they need someone on the end of the phone at all sorts of strange hours of the day or night :)

Shortcuts is a stupid price for what you want, no prices on the website? not that I can see.

The O/P is a one user and one staff person, people really think a small salon is going to stump up a big premium, then a monthly/annul then charge they are dreaming.

Su x

SalonBabe...just a thought- by why do you mention the same software in every one of your posts on here?

And the only "con" is that they might not answer the phone straight away?

Got to agree with you Verve, SalonBabe must really think people are daft.

mmm

Su x

Shortcuts is a stupid price for what you want, no prices on the website? not that I can see.

The O/P is a one user and one staff person, people really think a small salon is going to stump up a big premium, then a monthly/annul then charge they are dreaming.

Su x

If by ‘stupid’ you mean that the main product is more expensive than some others then yes you are correct. It is accurately priced as a market leading system but please keep in mind that we also have a range of products for any size of salon, from the small business with less than 5 employees right through to the largest of multi-site chains. Of our 12,000 clients we have a sizeable number that have less than 5 employees.

We don’t have pricing on the website as we customise the package to people’s individual requirements and price accordingly. The monthly charge you refer to covers a fully staffed 24/7 helpdesk (with people that actually answer the phones and have the ability to dial into the system to provide help if necessary), upgrades and maintenance.

If the O/P would like to contact us then we’ll happily prepare a completely transparent quote for them.

Paul :)

My friend was burned by a major provider increasing costs after she took over an existing salon,
but had all her data moved over one weekend to Platinum salon software on my recommendation.

WELL TRY UNISALONS.COM AFFORDABLE AND NO CONTRACTS!!!!!!:green:
CHEERS

I'm looking for software for a simple start up, only me.

The trouble with all these threads is that the same people mention the same software. It would be nice if active users would supply their thoughts rather than the same comments being bleated time and time again.

I read through all of the posts and still find it hard to work out which software has potential and which doesn't.

Well.
I may repeat again but Unisalons.com saved me.
I got it for £59.99 but now is £69.99 still burgain.
I am very happy as does all i want.

cheers:green:

Latest posts

Back