New start, new name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiannon1408

Reaction score
Hi geeks, back in summer 2011 I started up my own beauty room within a hair salon, but due to difficulties with the landlady I went mobile April last year. Unfortunately business tailed off and I have been working part time jobs since last summer.

After recently talking to an advisor at my local job centre she has booked me an appointment to see someone at the Enterprise scheme, which is basically some funding and mentoring for new businesses. If I am accepted on the scheme I would receive long term mentoring which would have been helpful first time around.

Anyway my question is as I'm starting out again do you think I should change my business name? Have a fresh start? I'm just looking through some business plans and my aim would be to start mobile and then move to renting a room in a salon when busy enough.

My old business name was 'Rhiannon's Beauty and Make-up' which I'm now thinking is too long.

What do you think geeks?

Hey Rhiannon, nice to see you back on the boards.

I think if you had a few good clients from the salon that now don't go to you, if you keep the same name they might find you again. But if not and you really fancy a name change then why not? :)

P.s. get out there and make it happen for yourself. Your talents are wasted if not, I seem those green fade enhancements you did on Facebook and they were gorgeous!!! X

Hello there, i wondered what had happened to you. Sorry to hear about your troubles but what a wonderful new opportunity.

I think that name is too long, particularly if you think about putting it on business cards and such. If you really want to stick with it, i would shorten it to Rhiannon's Beauty or Beauty by Rhiannon, but i wouldn't worry about keeping it.

Have a think about names, come up with a few ideas and then have a google in your area to make sure there isn't anything too similar and check that the web address is free before you make up your mind.

Glad you're back xx

Thank you girls :)

Think I just got really disheartened and I went through a messy break up at the same time as attempting to go mobile so it just went t*ts up and my passion for the industry got a bit lost.

I am excited about the opportunity of having someone to hold my hand as it were. I do think I need a fresh start, with a new name, something more professional (ie not my name). I've always loved the word Beautique but I can't think of anything to go before or after.

Aww thank you Lolly, was feeling creative. My first attempt at an acrylic fade. It's something I want to improve on and do future training with as there doesn't seem to be anyone by me that offers a bespoke service like that.

Does Bespoke Beautique sound silly?

I love that name sounds very elegant and classy. I would definitely go to a salon with that name x

Yay :) Would it work for me being mobile initially though?

I like it too. I think it sounds really girly and pampering.

No, i don't think it is silly for mobile. Remember, you don't want to make the name too "mobile" sounding because if you decide to rent a room or salon you would need to change it again xx

Yay :) Would it work for me being mobile initially though?

Hi hun

I am called The Nail Beautique and I started out mobile and now work from home and do a little bit of mobile. I think bespoke beautique is a really nice name and works whether you do mobile, home salon, salon or rent a room. I chose my name because I started out just doing nails, but may have wanted to add beauty treatments at a later stage- I do lash lifts and tinting as well maybe sometime soon I'll add ee's. I also wanted a name that could also be used for a salon name should I ever go down that road.

Good luck with it all lovey and nice to see you back :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Does Bespoke Beautique sound silly?

There's a bespoke beauty near me in Newcastle under Lyme and it's a very nice place.. Nice name x

But then again so is the nail beautique !

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you everyone :) Bespoke Beautique it is! That's the easy bit done, I have my meeting with the enterprise scheme on Tuesday. Excited :D

Hang on one sec

Before you go leaping into the name you must make the decision on Other factors:-

1) can you get a website name? Does it exist to buy?
2) can you get it as a Facebook name?
3 twitter ?
4 names similar or same in that area
5 can people a actually spell it ok?? You will be surprised how much people can not spell and if they type it into google or the URL thing will it come up correct?
5 what would the logo look like
6 business cards with it on

There are so many more factors to consider than does it sound good ...

Hang on one sec

Before you go leaping into the name you must make the decision on Other factors:-

1) can you get a website name? Does it exist to buy?
2) can you get it as a Facebook name?
3 twitter ?
4 names similar or same in that area
5 can people a actually spell it ok?? You will be surprised how much people can not spell and if they type it into google or the URL thing will it come up correct?
5 what would the logo look like
6 business cards with it on

There are so many more factors to consider than does it sound good ...

Yes I've done my research :)

Excellent. All systems go :D

A little update. I have been accepted on the Enterprise scheme, this means I will be assigned a business mentor to give me advice for any queries I have regarding anything to do with the business, for 13 weeks they will pay me £65, and for the following 13 weeks they will pay me £33 to help get me started. I can also apply for a special loan of £1000, which is payable over 3 years, the first year of payments is interest only.

My only concern is if it doesn't work...I know this sounds hugely negative but I've relied upon support from my parents recently and I don't want to have to so this again.

What do u think geeks?

Latest posts

Back