New tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi,
I've sent a couple of questions to this site recently and found the advice I have been given very helpful! I am very new to this and work full time so I am not doing nails as often as I would like to perfect my skills. The nails I have done on colleagues so far have been good but by no means perfect. I find the whites most difficult to do and just wondered if it's just me or does everyone go through this when they're new? I feel like I'm never going to get this right. I seem to fumble through it ending up with too much white left when I've pushed it out to the sides and then when I've brought them to a shine it looks grey in places as if I haven't put enough white on in the first place!
I am also new to this site so am not entirely sure how to use it yet and see alsorts of things at the beginning of all your messages and think to myself.....'how do they do that?'
But I'm sure I'll learn in good time!
I am very glad to have found this site as I am sure it will be a great asset to me. I only found out about it in the Update mag that comes from Creative nails every month or so.

Believe me you are by no means the only one. I've only been doing nails for a few months and still feel like i'm never going to perfect my technique but like you work full time so have limited time to practice. But Rome wasn't built in a day!

Hi
it is definitely not just you. everyone at some stage goes through this. It can only get better. The tip is always the hardest part for me too but once you get used to the product you are using and master your brush the quantity of liquid and powder if that is what you are using will balance itself out and you'll have just so precise amount on your brush. Good luck, the main thing is to enjoy it.
:wink2:

I have only been qualified since March and still have problems with my smiles. They are improvinf everytime i practise them, which is the key, that dreaded word. Practise.

The more you do the better you get. One indication which always helps me to feel better is: you need to do 50 sets of nails to be getting to grips with your product. You need to do 100 sets to really produce some excellent looking nails. This helps to put it into perspective when you feel like you aren't getting anywhere.

Just keep at it, it will happen.

Ah! thanks everyone for your words of encouragement, at least now I know most people suffer as I am. My fear is that as I'm not doing many sets of nails that I'll lose the skill or forget! But I have a step by step list of what the full procedure is written on a note pad so I make sure I follow that just until I have the hang of it. I find that even though I'm not getting the product to look that great when it first goes on at the moment, I still get a brilliant looking result at the end and don't seem to have done too much filing. Most of the girls I have done at work (about 5 now) have been delighted with their nails. I can't even contemplate trying someone who has bitten nails....I wouldn't know where to start with that. A problem someone might be able to help me with is my own nails. I myself am a bit of a nibbler and I have had L&P nails on (creative) which I did myself. Some broke off and I have picked some off myself and then soaked the rest off properly. Now my nails are in such a state!! Surprised?!! Well anyway I need some advice on what I can do or use to help them recover. They are thin, weak and some of the natural nail plate has chipped off as well making some of my nails a bit sore! HELP!!!!

Latest posts

Back