New to CND Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtney

Reaction score
Hi geeks :) did my first shellac course yesterday! 'Shellac brings 'em back' i really enjoyed it! Im mobile so was wondering what storage you mobile nail techs/therapists used :) ? I have got the intro kit and have been looking into what other colours i should purchase! Any replies will be really appreciated! Thankyou in advance xxxx

Hi there, I use the roo mamba case for all my shellac stuff, the lamp fits perfectly in the bottom part on top of the sections. As for colours I would say just get one of each colour for now and build on them as you find out what your clients like. So get a purple, pink, black, maybe a pale pink, coral. Also some additives and glitters will make extra colour options.

I have the Roo Emerald trolley which is good as its lightweight, i've then got everything in separate zip up Roo bags. Its lightweight and convenient, though I'm not sure they still sell it.

With Shellac colours, I would say make sure you cover the bases- dark, red, french, light and then a little (or a lot if your like me!) of what you like in between :)

Hi, I have the Roo Monsoon. Wheelie case that's the same as the Mamba up top and then has two sectioned drawers below, where I keep all my tools, files, etc. tonnes of remover wraps, colour pops, spare bits and bobs and more. it's perfect for the job and I managed to get it in the sale for £65 but don't know if it's still available ? x

Hey Courtney! We're you in Manchester? I was too! X

Hi lucy :) i was yes on tuesday at 1:30 ? Which class was you at ? Im looking online at all of your suggestions now geeks thankyou :) looking forward to trying out some of the colours im yet to use on my family before i release myself to the public lol. How much do you all charge ? Im not too sure... Dont know of any other mobile techs near me that offer shellac so not been able to do any market research really! Xxx

Yes I was in the 1.30 one too, I was the one in the matching dress lol. How're you getting on with your kit? Have you decided what other colours to get? I find midnight swim popular (especially layered over Blackpool) and grapefruit sparkle is fab for layering and creating new colours. If I was you price wise I would stick with the higher end (£20-£25 I charge £20 and I'm not too far away from you) as in my experience lower pricing brings problems. I did an offer when I first opened and 99% of all those clients that I did at a discount were back to me in a week complaining whereas ones I done full price were absolutely fine as they'd invested more into their nails and were respectful of them. After all you've invested in a superior product with superior training and people should pay for that! Xx

Hi lucy, do you charge £20 just for application of shellac or does that include one of the little solar oils and removal like dawn said think she said she would charge £25? I think id like to include the solar oils in my price for their first treatment rather than trying to sell them to my clients at first. I have done a couple of sets of shellac on family since the course, how many would you say i should do before paying clients ? Or would you just say when i feel more confident :) ? Are you going to do any of the other shellac classes ? Im torn between the mamba and the monsoon, i only have a smallish car so would like the idea of fitting all of my stuff in the mamba but knowing what im like il buy loads so maybe just go for the bigger one (monsoon) i couldnt find the emerald case chocolatepickle :( ! I might upload a couple of pictures of my shellac soon of you could all give me some feedback i would really appreciate it? XXx

Hi there, I take a mamba case and a bag with done towels, couch roll and desk lamp in as these things won't fit in the case (don't think they would fit in the monsoon either) have a measure of the space in your car. Are you going I take a table too? I would recommend it for comfort. Perching on the corner of the dining table is not the best position for you or the client.

hi sal thats a good point! i do that with my acrylic kit, have my towels etc in a bag. what kind of bag do you use if you dont mind me asking and what table do you use. i am getting a bit fed up with mine that i have at the minute. also i take it and some clients dont have any chairs that we can use either so its a bit of a pain at certain clients houses. what would you suggest?

i just want to make things easier and more organised for myself and my clients this year.

thankyou xxx

I got a folding stool from Argos for £4.99. It's easy to carry and very useful.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389285694.020294.jpg

hi geordiehandbag what table do you use with your chairs! just looked on argos they are a bargain aren't they! i will have to invest
x

hi geordiehandbag what table do you use with your chairs! just looked on argos they are a bargain aren't they! i will have to invest
x

I've a few tables! I've got a proper folding manicure table but I've stopped using it as it was just too heavy. I now use a table that I got from Costco - it's the perfect size and really light as well as being height adjustable (as recommended by another geek). I've also got a wooden folding table from Argos which is great but you don't have as much room to lay out your bits!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389290279.316688.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389290287.654066.jpg

I've got a black fabric bag which is similar size and shape to the bag for life type bags from the supermarket. I use a portable manicure table which I got from eBay, not the kidney shaped one just a rectangle one which is lighter and I take a small stool which is adjustable so perfect for pedicures too (also from eBay) similar to this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389292470.742033.jpg

I've a few tables! I've got a proper folding manicure table but I've stopped using it as it was just too heavy. I now use a table that I got from Costco - it's the perfect size and really light as well as being height adjustable (as recommended by another geek). I've also got a wooden folding table from Argos which is great but you don't have as much room to lay out your bits!

View attachment 52239View attachment 52240

I have the first table pictured and it's fantastic. Very light, easy to pop up and down and big enough for the job. When you look at cases I would go bigger. I started out with a bag and now have a trolley.

geordiehandbag: how much was your table from costco i have asked a friend to pick me one up :) i like the look of it! i have the rectangle portable manicure table that has the tray underneath but i find it a pain carrying it and its not the lightest of things. i could do with a little van really not my car lol!

sal: i have a stool similar looking to that one :) il have to start using it more, some days i am doing that many different treatments i hardly have any room in my car for it all!

i do love the look of : Mamba Nail and Beauty Case Imperial Black | Roo Beauty UK

what are peoples opinions on:

4 in1 Hairdressing Makeup Beauty Nail Vanity Case Cosmetics Trolley black | eBay

Mollycoddle 2in1 Professional Makeup Beauty Case Cosmetics Technician Trolley | eBay

geordiehandbag: how much was your table from costco i have asked a friend to pick me one up :) i like the look of it!

Hmm, I think it was on offer at £10. Just so you know - the legs don't fold up, you have to remove them and then fold. HTH :)

Hi I am loving this thread :) I too am mobile. I use CND shellac. I haven't got table or chairs but will definitely look into the costco one- thanks! I use a roo beauty monsoon case and bought a smaller soft case for my lash extension kit. Definitely go bigger!
One problem I need help with is pricing... In my area there are salons doing 'shellac' for £15. Mobile techs are doing CND shellac for £15. So I have been doing £15 too but with fuel etc I think I should increase to £20. What would be the best way? Should I say that the 'introductory' price of £15 is ending at the end of jan (even though I didn't advertise it as an introductory price) ? Thought I was pricing correctly after market research but I'm finding I'm not making much at £15 x

Iya cia , yeah thats a good idea saying thr intro price period is ending, at least your clients will then be aware that the price is changing. Do you retail your solar oil to your clients or include it in the price of the treatment? How much are you charging for removal? With being mobile? What case do you use for your lash stuff? Xxxxx

Just picked up the folding stools from argos recommended by geordiehandbag :) perfect!!!

Latest posts

Back