New to Dashing Diva

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myden

Reaction score
I have just got my kit and tried it out yesterday on my daughter-in-law. She has very short nails and it went reasonably well. I sized acouple wrong and they came up a bit short of the side walls but not too bad for my first time. Just a couple of questions.
How long would you expect the normal DD mani to last?
Do they last longer using Shellac (can't use it at the moment...no lamp)
Pink sponge file in kit said 180/100 although insructions said use pink sponge file 240 side to buff the nail..........confused.
Also in the intructions it tells you to buff the nail twice, once before you apply white strip and then again I thought you only bufffed the white line the second time?

Just use DD where you would use white paint and then use your overllay as normal.

Do you not use the DD as it is in the kit then? Do you never use it for just a French manicure as instructed? Is this because it does not do what it says on the packet?
What if a client does not want gel or shellac?
My original question was how long would you expect it to last?

Do you not use the DD as it is in the kit then? Do you never use it for just a French manicure as instructed? Is this because it does not do what it says on the packet?
What if a client does not want gel or shellac?
My original question was how long would you expect it to last?

Yes, if the client doesn't want gel/shellac etc then you just use everything provided in the DD kit...

The DD i have done have lasted 10-14 days...

You don't have to use the pink file...any 240 will do the job

You only need to remove the shine from the nail...then apply the DD...then use the 240 again to gently go over the white DD

HTH

Thanks Bagpuss, 10 to 14 days that's brilliant hope mine last that long my clients will be pleased!!
I think my pink file is marked wrong.
I intend to use it under shellac when I get my lamp, do you recommend this, does it last longer?

Yeah i guess it would last longer as its sealed under the shellac....but to be honest i was blown away at how well it lasts used alone with the kit only....and its easily removed by the client like polish with acetone.

Do they have to use acetone or can they use nail ploish remover with acetone?

nail polish remover with acetone is fine. x

My own nails have lasted well over 2 weeks and I'm re doing them today buts that only because I used varnish remover on a client and of course it took mine off too.

I think they look great without gel and its the 1st time in 10 years that I haven't had tips or gel.

I think it says to buff the white so that it takes the shine off so that the polish adheres better. Just like when you buff white extension tips so that the gel adheres.

Latest posts

Back