new to spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorr

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!

I'm new to this site and also to spray tanning having recently done my training and purchased my equipment!! Since my training two weeks ago I have been practicing my technique on friends and family (for free) and feel I am ready now to start tanning properly. All feedback has been good so far and I'm feeling confident to start charging for the service!

I have just a couple of Q's I'm hoping some of you experienced geeks can help me with before I get started:

1 - I'm not sure which solution to use. In my start-up kit I was given a litre of Tanfastic 10% which everyone has liked and it gives a really natural colour, but I think I would prefer to use a more-well known brand to try to attract potential clients. There's so many brands out there totally bamboozled with which ones to try!!

2 - Any tips on how to get my tanning service up and running, attracting clients? I am home-based/mobile and doing the tanning in addition to my day job (working in an office!). Not sure where to start apart from spreading the word amongst my friends and work colleagues and hoping things get going from there?

3 - Third and last question is about prices. We were recommended on our course to charge at least £15 per spray tan and up to £20 if we were mobile. I don't think I will attract any new clients charging those prices but thought about starting off with an introductory offer of £10 then hopefully increasing to £15 once I am established. What do you think? Even £15 is more than most mobile tanners charge in my area but I am aiming to provide a quality service with good quality solution, aftercare advice, a great tan and a great service - LOL I'm aiming high but hopefully get there with experience and patience!!!

Can I just also add that I think this site is amazingly informative and helpful, I've been lurking for the past week or so and picked up a few wee tips already!! :)

Thanks in advance

Lorr xxx

Best thing to do to find a solution you like is to browse the threads on here for opinions and feedback and to contact companies you feel you might like to use there solution and ask for free samples- you mention you want to use a well known company so the ones you have in mind just contact them try the samples out and see what you think- a few favs on here are sienna x, Nouvatan and Organics but there are many many more.

Best thing to do is get some business cards printed up and have them on you at all times giving them out to anyone and everyone, also try an ad in a local paper/mag or a free site online like gumtree- make up leaflets/posters and ask local shops/supermarkets/ hairdressers/ bridal shopsecte ect if you can leave a few leaflets or put one up on thier notice board and set up a facebook page and website, again look at recent threads on here lots more info and advice on how to advertise and set up.

I chanrge £20 mobile and £15 for special offers or if I have a big tanning party with 10+ people

Hope this helps a bit :)

Good luck in your new venture :)

thanks so much for your feedback, I will definitely have to get some cards made up and will also try some of your other suggestions:) having read some of the posts on here the brands you mention all seem really popular, I will do as you suggest and get some samples from the companies. I would rather get my product right before I start tanning for real :) thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back