New to waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole03

Reaction score
Hey... I have my waxing course on 20th July, trying to get few bits before I start & wondered what's the best brand to get?!? Thank you x

See what your trained with first and how you get along with it [emoji2]

Caron is pretty good and they have starter packs

Hey... I have my waxing course on 20th July, trying to get few bits before I start & wondered what's the best brand to get?!? Thank you x

There are loads of great brands of wax available but wait and see what your tutor uses and how you get along with that first. I have prepared a list for getting started of suppliers who I found really good when I stared out for things like, gloves, disposables, wax trolleys etc... Hope it helps and good luck!

http://jdwaxingschool.com/useful-wax-stuff/getting-started

Thank you that's very useful xxx

Veet,
seriously?? [emoji15]

Veet works the best.. especially the one that's microwavable and washable one.. works everywhere..

Where are you qualified that uses veet?

Waxperts! You have to try it to believe it; pretty much painless. And the techniques are different to traditional waxes so I'd recommend a conversion. But honestly, if you can go to a salon that uses it and try it you will want to use it. I tried it at the beauty show in February and couldn't believe how it felt, with no redness afterwards.

Do you mean sugaring? Just from your comments about a different technique...
In Australia veet is only sold in supermarkets so it's like someone recommending a box colour to a bunch of hairdressers, just seems strange.

I just recommended her what I feel good. There is no point to justify my qualification. :)
You're right, you dont need to justify your qualification but what you also shouldnt be doing is offering advice when you dont have a waxing qualification. Perhaps in future it will be easier if you clearly state in your advice that you dont hold any beauty therapy qualifications and what you actually do is sell salon apparel. Doing this will cause less confusion and misunderstanding for the people still in training

I trained with salon systems but just didn't get along with it I now use, option wax it is a great wax to work with and probably one of the cheaper (but still good) waxes available. Hope that helps.

I also use a hive wax pot I do like the hive range however I recently bought a 500c pot for mobile work the lid is very hard to seal and un seal (not because of wax build up) but other than that it's a good little pot.

I just recommended her what I feel good. There is no point to justify my qualification. :)

Would you use veet on a paying client? Would you go to a salon that uses veet?
It'd be a bloody expensive way to wax commercially!

Pardon me if I have created any misunderstanding and confusion. I am not here to mislead anyone. In future I'll keep this in my mind before suggesting any one. I didn't know that before replying to any topic I must have qualification on same topic. One more thing if I am selling salon apparel then it doesn't make any sense that I am not qualified for answering this thread.
Anyone can sell salon apparel. You dont need a qualification in beauty therapy to sell an apron

The thing to remember is that this question was posted on a professional forum so recommending non pro products isn't really helping anybody!

Vic x

I use and love Babyliss Pro Satin Smooth, Pearl soft with lavender & calendula. My clients love it and often comment on how painless the waxing is.

Stick with a professional brand, that's good advice!

I've use Australian Body Care Cream Wax or Honey Wax for strip wax for years. I've just converted to Waxpert on Sunday and I'm really liking it and my clients are loving it too. Less redness on the skin, very soothing too. Great technique and really good products.

Latest posts

Back