New trend-splash lights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricj21

Reaction score
Is this really what redken is saying is hot right now?? In my opinion this is hideous what do you guys think geeks?! They're calling it splash lights giving the effect of light radiating off certain area of hair ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415767462.613104.jpg

I saw this last year in a article about it being the new ombré! It obviously didn't take of then. I doubt it will become popular.

Just looking at the picture again. I do think it's quite creative, and definately gives that impression that light is hitting against the hair. Cool for photographic work. But will look like terrible banding on your everyday client.

Also known as a shine band. I agree these pictures do look horrendous, though shine bands look brilliant when do properly with the right colours where it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I love the look of a shine line.... This is not what it looks like.

horrible. hideous. just looks like bad banding to me.

The placement is ridiculous and the colors are horrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

The placement is ridiculous and the colors are horrible.

Why dont you say what you really think? haha

Yeah this is nasty, but if it was done with something in colour touch, just 1 level apart it might look quite nice.

Why dont you say what you really think? haha

Jamie, I always do :)

Yeah this is nasty, but if it was done with something in colour touch, just 1 level apart it might look quite nice.

This is horrible! :eek::eek::eek:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Also known as a shine band. I agree these pictures do look horrendous, though shine bands look brilliant when do properly with the right colours where it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Agreed, we did one when I was training for a competition using black and grey on a really wiered looking bob, it looked amazing, it was black underneath then silver where the light would have reflected on the shape of the cut :) v cool

Think it can look good if it is more subtle and enhances the shape of cut like this:
NVpwAqs.jpg

I used to love doing shine bands in fringes, I think it looks best when there is a bend in the hair like in a geographic shape so you are placing the colour when the light would naturally hit the hair.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Think it can look good if it is more subtle and enhances the shape of cut like this:
NVpwAqs.jpg

I used to love doing shine bands in fringes, I think it looks best when there is a bend in the hair like in a geographic shape so you are placing the colour when the light would naturally hit the hair.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is beautiful.

I'd never heard of shine band, but these pics are beautiful! X

Personally, if done right, it's beautiful. Haven't tried it myself... But I remember this picture from last year which is lush! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415830032.347435.jpg

Personally, if done right, it's beautiful. Haven't tried it myself... But I remember this picture from last year which is lush! View attachment 78729

This is really nice, but how would it look if it wasn't photographed from that angle?

It would take colouring to the next level if it did become a thing, I don't think it will though, only for the very creative x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

They recently added training video for this to myhairdressers.com and the technique used gave a lovely natural blend, also showed the model moving her hair as opposed to a static photo and it look beautiful x

This is really nice, but how would it look if it wasn't photographed from that angle?

It would take colouring to the next level if it did become a thing, I don't think it will though, only for the very creative x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

It would look like a dodgy colour correction lol 😂

Latest posts

Back