New York?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophie1

Reaction score
Hi I'm going to New York in a few weeks and just wondered if there are any places that are a must to visit, eat, drink etc?

Also are things like MAC makeup cheaper than the UK? Any other bargains?

TIA x

WOW I'm jealous, have a fantastic time!

Central Park is enormous and wonderful to just walk around, and I enjoyed the lift to the top of the Rockefeller Centre too.

The Staten Island ferry is good too as you get lovely view of the Statue of Liberty.

We stayed a week and could easily have stayed another week, fantastic place.

WOW I'm jealous, have a fantastic time!

Central Park is enormous and wonderful to just walk around, and I enjoyed the lift to the top of the Rockefeller Centre too.

The Staten Island ferry is good too as you get lovely view of the Statue of Liberty.

We stayed a week and could easily have stayed another week, fantastic place.

Thanks! Where abouts did you stay?

So much to see and do so don't waste too much time just shopping or you'll probably regret it.

MoMA was a must for me but it really depends on what you enjoy doing and your budget.

Have a lovely time.

Oh my days you lucky thing :) your going to love love love it!
I got engaged at Central Park last January when it was snowing so that's always a favourite for me.
Bubba gump shrimp restaurant at time square is awsome, it has all the forest gump memorabilia and ya have a stop and go sign on your table when you want service.
If ya want a real american sports bar then menzalls is perfect we went in on a Sunday and watched Sunday night football it was fab.
Carries step from sex and the city it cool.
It's deffo worth a look at where the twin towers were its so so sad but so beautiful to see, and the museum is open now aswell it's meant to be extremely over whelming but well worth it, the museum unfortunately wasn't opening untill the April and we was there is January otherwise I would have loved to see it.
I could go on for absolute EVER I just love New York!

OH and the Mac store in time square is FANTASTIC! X

Ooh exciting! I just got back a couple of weeks ago.

I second bubba gumps shrimp shack.

Also try Carmines. It's not far from bubba but down a side street. They do lovely Italian food. They call it family style which means you order one dish but they give you a humongous portion. Enough for at least 3 people.

Both Macy and blooming dale give you 10% off if you take some I'D with you xx
Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

We just spent Christmas there, it was so fantastic! Agree re: 911 museum, so moving & V sad but you should go & the pools are amazing. We did a movie & TV bus tour which was cool & crammed a lot of sights in 3 hours. Circle line boat tour around manhattan is fab. If you're not bothered about seeing the statue of liberty up real close, then the staten island ferry is great cos you see the statue & the ferry is free!
Katz deli (from when Harry met sally) does the most amazing sandwiches ever!
Get a 7 day metro card for the subway, it's great value for money.
Don't know if the ice rinks would still be open?
Macys is huuuuge & well worth a look (it's the only shopping we did). Ask the cashier if you get the tax off as your from out of town, we got a voucher code type discount just for asking!
I'd be here all night telling you about how much we crammed in to 5 days. Save the pedicure for when you get back, you'll need the foot massage! Lol x

Your "To Do" list is filling up fast :lol:

Even so........

Ice skating in Central Park, such fun!

Grand Central Station MUST be on your list, as well as the top of the Empire State Building, Times Square, Broadway, Greenwich Village, Brooklyn Bridge, South Street Sea Port. I could go on forever!

If you get a chance though, grab the most amazing burger at The Empire Dinner. There are also some fab restaurants in the Canal Street area too.

Have fun!

If you love musicals then I can't recommend enough that you go the Ellen's Stardust Diner.

It's typical diner food (fried!) but the reason to go is the servers all take it in turns to belt out a song on the mic with backing music, and as most of them are aspiring musical theatre actors they are absolutely fantastic!

And it's a sort of unique thing to do that you won't find anywhere else either.

Google it, it's great fun!

Rich :)

Wow thanks for all your replies. Some great info to take with me. Did you all take $ with you? I'm a bit worried about travelling with a large sum of cash but my card co. charge per transaction x

We had both its nice to have some cash if ya want anything spare of moment. But when shopping we used our card x

Yeah, it's good to have small bills for tips (everyone expects a tip!!). Hotel rooms tend to have safes so you can look up what you don't need each day.

I was there just over 4 years ago and LOVED it! Going back in less than 8 weeks as a present for my 21st I am so excited 😃😃😃
The ride is a MUST if you don't want to see a typical Broadway show! Can't even remember what else I am just so excited to go back!
Have an amazing time!! ️Xxx

I was there in October for the second time.. so much to do and see.
Ground zero a must!!
Bus/boat tours
Broadway show
The View resturant - rotating rooftop resturant amazing views..very expensive food ok but great experience.

Woodberry common - dont know if thats spelled right - discount outlet stay away full of rubbish dont waste one of your days out there.

Inglot and mac have great stores in T.S not alot cheaper but still a bit if a discount.

Times square food-- blue fin right beside TS steps soo good went there daily for sushi.

I see someone mentioned a place gump someting?? Went there sent food back and left - never done that in my life. Really bad greasy food.

great place Nyc

My highlight of new york was the broadway show... amazing! we went to the crown of the statue of liberty, to be honest I wouldn't recommend doing that xx

Latest posts

Back