Newbie Acrylic Nails - a few questions on glitter & blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I recently went on a course to do acrlyics and have a few questions;

1. Whats your view on blending white tips? when ive had extensions I have never had them blended? I understand that you do this for natural tips

2. When applying glitter tips, am i correct in thinking that you prepare nail and apply tip, dab your brush in acrylic liquid and then pick up some glitter and apply to tip, then once you have applied it to the tip wipe brush and apply l&p to zone 2? do you then need to apply another coat of l&p over the glitter tip?

3. When applying nail art would you do this after the l&p stage then apply nail art and a top coat? or do some of you put a thin layer of l&p over nail art?

Many Thanks for your help in advance x x

Hi tinaballerina
If you look on YouTube you'll find some great ideas and examples of glitter tips.
I don't blend white tips as you want to keep a crisp smile line.
I always encase glitter in clear acrylic.I I don't the glitter are never as glittery and can sometimes look awful.
If you paint your nail art on with acrylic paint or similar just a topcoat is enough to protect it. If by nail art you mean spangles fimo etc I always encase them in clear acrylic.
Hope it help.

hiya...
ok sooo ive never heard of anyone blending white tips before just the natural ones?? usually i create my white tip with white acrylic powder...but i have also just used white tips but ive never blended them,

i use a small dampen dish and mix together some clear powder and some glitter into the dampen dish using my small scoop or nail pusher, usually 2-3 scoops of each and top it up as i need...so that way im just making up a glitter acrylic powder ready to apply the glitter wont stick on its own so it needs to have acrylic mixed into it...or you can do a small bead of clear onto your tip and apply some glitter then another clear,

i do my nail art over my l&p or if encapsulating fimos etc i would do it first before l&p then use my top coat to secure it and any dimantes i use i place on while the top coat is wet and then cure

hth x:lol:

Latest posts

Back