Newbie here, about to start training with OPI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Bod

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my very first visit and I have just enrolled on my first course with OPI.

I just wondered if anyone who has trained with them could give me any advice or tips.

Nice to meet you all!

Mrs Bod

I will also be doing a gel workshop with OPI so any comments would be great.

Hi Mrs Bod i am a newbie geek too :) x

Hi :) I did my manicure, pedicure and gelcolor course with OPI

I trained at head office in Watford (not that it matters which location you're at) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was nervous but didn't need to be as they are extremely professional but also friendly and understanding. What is it you are doing? X

Wow, exactly the same as you, starting with the mani and pedi course.

Great to meet you!

What are the kits like?

Ah cool :) you'll love it. Well I did. The kits have absolutely everything that you will need (as to be expected) although some product sizes aren't the biggest and as you are doing your case studies before your assessment you'll find some things run out quite quickly and you'll have to restock.
Are you doing gelcolor? I was impressed with this kit.
All I'll say is, yes the kits are fab but like I'm sure with any company, they are enough to start out and you will need to buy more things like colours etc.
Any more questions fire away. When are you going? X

Hi Mrs Bod welcome to SG you will be addicted before you know info help and advice on it are priceless :)

I am doing my OPI Gelcolour on Tuesday sooo excited got my kit a month ago pricey but you pay for what you get upside also regular polish to match Gel:::biggrin:

I will let u know how I get on :hug:

I have to wait until 23 July for my first day on the mani course and then I'm doing GelColor in October.... Tick tock :)

Hi J, can't wait to hear how you get on!

Good luck with it all. And I agree, salon geek is a god send. It's nice to know we are all in it together, using different brands and products but all helping and advising each other all the same.

Hi done my OPI gel course fab!!! Trainer was excellent you will love it I now want to do further training with OPI as I feel previous training I have done doesn't compare :)

Has anyone done the gelcolor workshop? I am doin a general gel extension and gel polish training course and Lena white have said i can then go on to the opi gel color training workshop with them. I am hiping it will be sufficent training? X

The general gel application course is not with lena white, and is not brand specific. Hopefully the opi workshop will just go through what i need to do with the gelcolor..

Hi I done Gellux training and manicure pedicure , Lena white let me do the 3 hour course as I had a Gellux cert HTH x

Wow and you were really pleased with it! I am really looking forward to it. How are you getting on with the product x

Has anyone done the gelcolor workshop? I am doin a general gel extension and gel polish training course and Lena white have said i can then go on to the opi gel color training workshop with them. I am hiping it will be sufficent training? X
I did mani/pedi then gel workshop x

Hi done my OPI gel course fab!!! Trainer was excellent you will love it I now want to do further training with OPI as I feel previous training I have done doesn't compare :)

Oh I'm so pleased to hear that it went well and that you were impressed with their training :)

Puts me a little more at ease, although dead nervous as I'll be a complete novice... and the higher end of 30 :o

Hi, I'm early 40's and just starting my training with CND the end of May. I'm 15 minutes away from you and just wanted to wish you good luck. Really enjoying SG and looking at what different people working with all the different brands have to say xx

Omg mrs Bod u r a young thing I'm 42 I trained as a Beautician 20 years and left college and that was that never worked in Beauty after chucking a job I hated in Jan very well paid my husband nearly chucked me out I might add:sad:

Well I decided I need to work at something I love I'm mad about beauty grooming etc decided to refresh skills so did Sienna X tanning Mani/Pedi and Gellux nails so here's hoping I earn some money good luck to you xxxxx

Omg mrs Bod u r a young thing I'm 42 I trained as a Beautician 20 years and left college and that was that never worked in Beauty after chucking a job I hated in Jan very well paid my husband nearly chucked me out I might add:sad:

Well I decided I need to work at something I love I'm mad about beauty grooming etc decided to refresh skills so did Sienna X tanning Mani/Pedi and Gellux nails so here's hoping I earn some money good luck to you xxxxx

Bless you Jbeauty. I'm sure all will be fine for you and it's a great feeling to finally be doing something you love! xx

Latest posts

Back