Newbie, L&P help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailenvyWorksop

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently trained in acrylics and am practising on friends and myself to gain in confidence and skill.My problem at the moment is getting the acrylic too near the cuticle, is there a certain knack to it? I also wonder if I am using the wrong size brush can anyone recommend a good acrylic brush?? Thanx in advance:Love:

Hi I can't offer advice but would like to say hello and welcome, I'm sure you will love this site and someone will be along to help you soonxxx

Hi, i guess just practice when it comes to the cuticle area. But a good brush would also help. I was recommended to use a #6 or a #8. I use a brush from NSI and i absoloutly love it. Ive heard that their royal precision brush is fantastic as well

Hello there and welcome :)

I,m sure the following video will help you a lot in this matter.

Cuticle Application - Acrylic - YouTube

Is greg salo from youngnails, and he explain the cuticle application of L&P.

Thanx guys will take a look at the tutorials.I work with nail polish at the mo but it takes ages to dry any tips on getting it to dry quicker??? :rolleyes:

Thanx guys will take a look at the tutorials.I work with nail polish at the mo but it takes ages to dry any tips on getting it to dry quicker???

Beware of the coats you use (try to make them as thin as you can, thick ones will take plenty of time to dry). Also, there are a few polish around that dry fast, I found out that China Glaze dries very quick :biggrin: (also my clients notice this).

And if not, and old trick to dry polish a bit faster, put the wet polish fingers inside a cup with cold water for a few minutes.

Vinylux dries very quick, it's a polish from CND and can be bought from sweet squared or ellisons

Also another tip when applying acrylic close to the cuticle, which Greg from Young Nails and Emma Lambert from Naio Nails suggest is to ensure the clients finger is slightly bent down towards you so the acrylic doesnt travel back onto the cuticle. Hard to explain just typing but hopefully you understand what I mean! Also make sure your L&P ratio is right, not too wet so it bleeds everywhere.

All the best, You'll get there! :)

Latest posts

Back