Newbie - need advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustPolished

Reaction score
HI, I'm just setting up in business working from home as a nail tech. I would prefer to focus more on just doing Gel Polish rather than offering gel extensions at this point until I can practice more and reduce the amount of time it is taking me to do a full set! Is it possible to just build a business based on gel polish only? What percentage of your clients are polish compared to extensions? :)

Lots of tech's do polish only.
I do gel polish and L&P but mainly L&P

That's great news and makes me feel much more confident about spreading the word and getting some leaflets out there. I'll keep the extensions as an added option once I'm happy with speed of application. :)

That's great news and makes me feel much more confident about spreading the word and getting some leaflets out there. I'll keep the extensions as an added option once I'm happy with speed of application. :)
From my own personal experience my speed only improved when I was doing them often. Don't worry too much about your speed, it will come. If you still want to do extensions just go for it.

Latest posts

Back