Newbie Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisew21

Reaction score
Hiya

Just looking for a bit of advice/guidance?
I gained a diploma with Pro Nails a few years ago but find there products very pricey and hard to get hold of. Im wanting to start up my own nail tech mobile business however can anyone recommend a conversion course to a different product?

And would I need a conversion course or can I use any products even though I trained with Pro nails.

Also an insurance question, any companies that you can recommend?

And lastley any tips for getting my mobile business off the ground??

Louise x

Hi

I would be interested in your replies as im considering the same:lol:

Cnd do a conversion course :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hiya

Just looking for a bit of advice/guidance?
I gained a diploma with Pro Nails a few years ago but find there products very pricey and hard to get hold of. Im wanting to start up my own nail tech mobile business however can anyone recommend a conversion course to a different product?

And would I need a conversion course or can I use any products even though I trained with Pro nails.

Also an insurance question, any companies that you can recommend?

And lastley any tips for getting my mobile business off the ground??

Louise x

I would recommend CND ... In fact I can't recommend them highly enough! The products are superb and the training and support from the distributors, Sweet Squared is unsurpassable. To use CND you do have to do a conversion class ( which is fantastic value as all the products are included. Details from 08452106060.
I can recommend the GUILD highly for your insurance needs. www.beautyguild.com

As for getting your business off the ground my best advice is don't go mobile. Get yourself into a reputable salon and rent the space.

I would recommend CND ... In fact I can't recommend them highly enough! The products are superb and the training and support from the distributors, Sweet Squared is unsurpassable. To use CND you do have to do a conversion class ( which is fantastic value as all the products are included. Details from 08452106060.
I can recommend the GUILD highly for your insurance needs. Beauty Guild : Home - Beauty Guild

As for getting your business off the ground my best advice is don't go mobile. Get yourself into a reputable salon and rent the space.

Why do you advise against going mobile geeg?

Why do you advise against going mobile geeg?

For loads of reasons.

No client feed back
Very hard and unrewarding work
I really worry about the safety issues
You do not make as much money
You work under crap conditions
No client respect for you or your time

I wouldn't do it unless I was forced to ( with a gun to my head)!

I used to see between 8 and10 clients a day in the salon.. You work out the math. I had control of my work environment. It was all professional, and I made allot of money.

I know there are mobiles who try very hard to provide a professional ambience when mobile ... Vetty is one Of them ... But in my experience those like Vetty are a rare species!

Mobile in the main is for those who want part time money, for part time work for 'the extras' not for those who want a business that gives them a living. I think it is donkey work and very uncertain.

Listen to Geeg, she is right. I started off mobile last June & found it really hard work & also hard to gain new clients.
I now rent a floor above a hairdressers & love having my own salon. No more trailing my kit around, no more working in awkward positions, no petrol costs.
I would definately look into renting a space or room hun, I have lots more clients now & I also get lots of trade from the hairdressers below. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back