Newbie starting up mobile business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelly's

Reaction score
So I'm newly qualified beautician I have a 2 year old son!
I have 80% of the products I need will soon be done!
Just thinking where to start!
Not going to lie slightly scared as of course I want to be successful at this!
Any tips?

(P.s - I am aware of business side tax etc.)

Though thinking how to receipt people.. Simple receipt book?

You don't have to receipt people unless you're vat registered then your receipt just has to show their costs and the vat element. I've never been asked for a receipt but I suppose it may be handy to have one. We now use a booking system that emails receipts - if required - to the client x

Just get going. Good luck

I was just think would that make doing my tax's easier?

Thank you so much for your reply!!
X

have a look at at izettle to offer card payments as the app allows you to record cash payments too and the option to send a receipt via email. It keeps track of all payments so makes it easy to do your accounts.

have a look at cash register or till apps too

As you're going mobile I wouldn't bother with receipts. Like Squidgernetball says you don't need to have them. It's just extra scrappy bits of paper to carry around which will eventually annoy you. Just use your diary as a memory jogger to record your in comings in a book or spreadsheet. Most will pay cash if you're mobile so I would just start to get going and build a client base.

No need to give people receipts but have a book in case. I've done some work for charities who require receipts etc for accounts so you may need them at some point. But as for day to day definitely not!

Latest posts

Back