Newbie student needing some help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georginadale

Reaction score
Hi all new to this so sorry for the million questions I may ask lol!

I'm due to start my NVQ level 2 in hairdressing in september, howeverI have been told by my tutor I need a salon placement for 1day a week where by I need to gain experience as well as having the support from an employee to let me practice on models too!
I'm wondering how happy employers are to take on students, of course I'll be working that day unpaid but how readily will employers be to teach me basics and let me bring in some models?

I'm in the Manchester area anybody know of anything going?

I'm very passionate about hairdressing, ready to get stuck into anything and everything it's just trying to find the placement that I'm panicking about, if i don't get one I don't get on the course AHH .

Any help would be really appreciated, thankyou.

It really depends on the person. If you offer your services for free in exchange for training you'll have a better chance.

Also I know with Australia the government will pay the salon a grant for hiring you for that time. Maybe see if there is something like that.

Sometimes schools will have lists of salons who are willing to take on a student too. There are many options. You just have to work for it.

Maybe when you approach the salon you should bring some photos of what you have done too.

Good luck though.

Latest posts

Back