Newbie to nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*h*

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a complete beginner in the beauty industry and being 24 and currently a stay-at-home mom I would love to train as a nail technician with the aim of working from home/mobile.

I want to make sure that I give myself the best possible start so wondered how you started out and what your recommendations would be?

I have looked at the CND complete course and seen some good reviews on this one. Anyone done this course?

Also considering a VTCT course at my local college - how are these courses viewed by industry professionals?

Thanks in advance x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I'm a complete beginner in the beauty industry and being 24 and currently a stay-at-home mom I would love to train as a nail technician with the aim of working from home/mobile.

I want to make sure that I give myself the best possible start so wondered how you started out and what your recommendations would be?

I have looked at the CND complete course and seen some good reviews on this one. Anyone done this course?

Also considering a VTCT course at my local college - how are these courses viewed by industry professionals?

Thanks in advance x

Hi there

Firstly I think the world of nails is an amazing one, and I'm sure whichever road you decide to take, you are sure to have great fun on the journey!
However for me personally, Training with CND was the best thing I ever did. I trained with them originally learning Liquid and Powder and Brisa Gel, then on to learn Shellac etc.... In my opinion, they really are the best in the business.

The only reason I personally didn't want to train at college was for 2 reasons, time, didn't just want the 2 hours a week thing and then depending on the class size, wanted to be able to get that 1-1 if I needed it. Hope this has helped a little, Good luck with everything x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your response thats really helpful =)

Its good to know that you had a good training experience and I am seriously looking into booking with CND training now!

Very excited and nervous aswell! =) x

I wish I had done the cnd complete. Seems like a big outlay but I have probably spent more than that by doing lots if short courses. Cnd education is fantastic! You won't regret it :)

Thanks for your response =) I appreciate the advice x

Hi, I'm new aswell I'm currently training at a college, I won't say local as it's 25 miles away from my home...my college is amazing the tutor is fantastic we are a class of 12 and I do 2 days a week and get as much or as little help as I need.we have also been helped with advisors coming in to the college to help us set up being self employed ect...I couldn't of asked for a better training course really.It's made me love the profession even more...I'm 24 and did a years research in to courses and college before I took the plunge as I didn't want to have to retrain because of poor training, which is why am at a college 25 miles away from my home...I believe I made the correct decision going through the college route x

Hope that's helps xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back