Newly mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeyfaerie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm hoping that I can get a bit of advice about being a mobile/freelance hairdresser.

Just now I'm only working very set hours as I'm half way through my level 3 at college so until I finish that I can't go full-time.

I have a seperate mobile for business use and have set up a facebook page. My husband has also posted my advert in his work's intranet and I've had a client book from that so it definitely is being seen.

A friend is designing my logo so I can get business cards and leaflets printed - where would you recommend for printing? I was thinking Vistaprint.

Just now I'm booking appointments around my husband's shifts as well because I'm learning to drive but haven't passed my test yet (soon...). I have bought what I'm calling my base stock - colours, peroxide, towels, products etc and I pack up what I will need for the appointments. What would you recommend is the minimum I should carry with me especially regarding colours. I work with L'Oreal colours as that's what I've been trained with and the salon I did work for used NXT which I personally hated.

I am also planning on booking myself a full body massage every week or two as I realise that being mobile means I won't have the luxury of moveable chairs and everything being at a good height all the time.

Clients coming to me isn't really an option, my house doesn't have the space and I live in a tiny town with pretty poor public transport for anyone who doesn't drive.

I've run an offer in January of 10% off a CBD or £5 off a colour service and will be starting up a friend-introduction discount after that which will run permanently but not be useable with other offers (so I don't end up giving people 100% discounts or anything silly).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and I promise I will consider everything to be possible until I've tried and tested it.

I am also newly mobile, to me it sounds like your doing everything right. Just got to get that driving test sorted asap, :)
All of my flyers cards etc I did on vista print and they turned out great. I also got some client profile consultation cards made at my local design printing shop. Made a rough copy on my lap top and they glammed it up with my logo.
Having the base stock is important, I am going to build up the rest of my colour box as I do consultations and skin tests as well as trying to get as much info over the phone. I want to be prepared for any situation though so If I have to nip to sallys alot to start with then so be it. I don't want to have colours lying about that I won't use for ages.
I've only ever worked in a salon and What worries me is rinsing colours over the bath, but im sure il get used to it!
Good luck with your business xx

Latest posts

Back