Newly qualified and renting a room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helpimlost

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice, I will be qualifying soon and im looking to rent a room, I have approached a few folk includibg noe who is just opening up.
What I really am looking for from you lot, what should I expect from them equipment wise if im not exclusivly using the room.Contract wise what should be on it etc.Really I need to know what is required legally and on my part.

This is something ive never done before and was never touched on in college.

Legally, i dnt think there is anything you are entitled to. obviously the supply of heat and light, and depending on ur local council, a sink. it depends whoyou are sharing a room with. if it was with an employee of thw salon, u could negotiate use of equipment into your cost of rent, but otherwise i would say it is down to u to provide your own equip. hths x
Posted via Mobile Device

so, Id get 4 walls?

Hi ys you would get 4 walls unless the room is rented fully furbished in which case the rent is usually much higher hth

i'd expect ud get a door too. if its a new build,i'd expect flooring and lighting fitted too, but this depends on the person you would rent from. otherwise thats it. x
Posted via Mobile Device

My room to rent is moving as the hairdressers lease has reached a break after 5 years and their rent is soaring, I spent maybe 5k on setting up there and I've a friend who spent 10k on her room to rent (well we both have a couple of rooms) and after 3/4 years, same story, hairdressers are moving on. So please don't spend lots on decorating, flooring, ceilings etc esp with stuff you can't take with you. You should be given something to a decent standard that you could move into and start trading from, at least in my opinion if they want rent.

Always negotiate. They may want a deposit or at least money in advance every month. How are you going to work well with each other and are you going to do favours for each other like, you doing occasional treatments for the boss so they do treatments for you?

I think you should get some good insurance to protect you for your treatments though.

Latest posts

Back