Newly trained using bio sculpture. I need some help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilly_x

Reaction score
I trained in bio sculpture in febuary and im just not getting the hang of it!
I seem to be doing full sets of overlays french and colour and they dont seem to be lasting any longer than 2 weeks!!
My clients have sed they peel off all in one go. Am i not puttin the right amount of gel on?
I have been doing alot of toes because of it coming upto summer and there fine but fingers just seem to be coming straight off.

Hellpp!? x

Hi Tilly x,
Biosculpture is fantastic but it does take a bit of getting used to. What process are you using and will see if there is anything that needs changing. There is a Biosculpture group on here which is fantastic and will answer all your questions and a load more.
Jo x

what base gel are you using?

I love the product just need to get use to it.
The process I'm using is prep, clear gel cure for 2 min, then colour cure for 2mins, colour again and cure for 2 min, then layer of s-gel cure for 2 min and another layer of sgel and cure for 2 min.
Am I suppose to be applying thin layers of gel, because my look abit bulky?!

Tilly x

Mmm Tilly am newly qualified too but I do prep, clear , 2x colour, s-gel, refine and clear????

Oh and yes thin layers chic x

The prep is hugely important, all cuticle to be removed and last step in prep process is nails to be gently scrubbed clean and wiped with sanitiser.

Make sure client doesn't touch nails after cleansing.

Clear or sculpting gel as base

2x colour

Clear or Sealer or UV gel to finish

If using clear or sealer apply top coat to finish, UV gel requires no top coat.

Jacqui xx

Hiya I use biosculpture and u seem to be doing the right things but you only need one layer of sgel, I cure this for 4minutes to get high shine then cleanse and biosculpture topcoat, there are other options but this is what I use. For strong nails I finish with sgel but for soft nails I finish with flexi gel, I hope this helps u xx

You want to be applying your layers as thinly and evenly as possible. Especially with your clear layers. If you're applying colour and it looks uneven, try spreading the thicker parts more thinly with the brush, rather than adding more product to the thinner areas. You said your nails are ending up quite bulky... this doesn't sound right for biosculpture! I can only assume thats what the problem is! Hths xx

Latest posts

Back