Newsletters/emails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havering Beauty Academy

Reaction score
Just about to send out our newsletter and got thinking how often you all send emails to your clients?

Do you send them monthly/weekly/as and when?

What do you include and what feedback do you get from it?

x

We just did a mailshot for the first time in December. I think its a great way to let previous students know about new courses, offers etc. I am planning on doing one every few months, or whenever we have any news. We had a company do ours for us, and after the initial set up costs it is not too expensive. Students can hit unsubscribe if they dont want to receive it anymore, and they will take them off the list. We havent had many unsubscribe yet though which is good.

If it's a newsletter about general news and what's happening etc, then monthly is a good frequency and by being regular, people come to expect it. Given that newsletters can be quite involved in terms of gathering new and interesting content, it's good to choose a frequency that works for you too. At the end of the day, consistency is key. This doesn't stop you slotting 'ad hoc' announcements into the mix when they come up....

I send a monthly newsletter but will be doing a ad hoc one for Mother's Day as 1st feb is too early but 1st march is too late x

For a small business like mine I'm not terribly worried about having regular times that I send my email newsletters.

I basically send mine when I've got something to say- be that announcements, tips, new products, offers, news etc.

Those clients that don't like it- can unsub! Very very few have unsubbed though, either from my design business newsletters or the one I send for our salon.

I think the danger is sending them for the sake of it, and scrabbling around for boring or irrelevant content- or just purely selling AT people. If it's well written, informative, relavant you can still happily include salesy type stuff too- theres no reason why people should resent that.

I have been taking clients email addresses for ages and actually sent my first newsletter out yesterday (Sunday) via mail chimp. I put a link to my new web page and the result is that people looking at my web page has soared and also asked people to like my face book page, so have got a few new likes. Hardly business move of the century, but it's getting you out there. I've also reminded clients to use their 20% discount voucher before the end of March - visit the website for some inspiration etc. Have taken a couple of bookings today - they may be related....We are moving premises in March, so will also be able to use it to inform people of how the move is going. Don't want to overload people, but don't want them to forget me!!! Will aim for monthlyish. Hope that helps....garbled reply - sorry!!! Also, wouldn't send out again on a Sunday - lots of 'out of the office' replys, and looks like I'm sitting at home doing emails (which I was) lol x

Does anyone check their statistics of who opens the newsletters and who click through to your website. Is there any pattern? X

I send out a newsletter the 1st of every month. I normally do beauty tips, offers, new info etc.

I always get between 70-85% open rate and only had one person unsub.

Although, I use mailchimp and I don't think they count it when someone opens it up on their phone. I had a client speak to me about a newsletter, but on mailchimp it had them in the "unopened" list, but she had clearly read it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have been taking clients email addresses for ages and actually sent my first newsletter out yesterday (Sunday) via mail chimp. I put a link to my new web page and the result is that people looking at my web page has soared and also asked people to like my face book page, so have got a few new likes. Hardly business move of the century, but it's getting you out there. I've also reminded clients to use their 20% discount voucher before the end of March - visit the website for some inspiration etc. Have taken a couple of bookings today - they may be related....We are moving premises in March, so will also be able to use it to inform people of how the move is going. Don't want to overload people, but don't want them to forget me!!! Will aim for monthlyish. Hope that helps....garbled reply - sorry!!! Also, wouldn't send out again on a Sunday - lots of 'out of the office' replys, and looks like I'm sitting at home doing emails (which I was) lol x

Sounds good! Well Done!

I joined Mailchimp Ages ago. I need to sit down and actually put a newsletter together!

How long did it take you to do?

Latest posts

Back