nightmare weekend with bio!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica brooks

Reaction score
Morning everyone!!
What a nightmare weekend!! Since completing my biosculpture day i have been practising on some clients, charging them £10 just to cover products. I have explained that the nails wont be perfect and the likelyhood is that they will experience problems but they must tell me what the problems are so i can learn!!
I did two ladies nails last wednesday, one had silk and the other i used reusable nail forms to sculpt. The silk ones looked c**p! I seem to get a ridge between the white and pink and even though i used sculpting gel it wouldnt go. I also got the gel to close to the side walls, but noticed this once i had cured it!!
The other set looked good and i was pleased with them but had calls from both clients saying that they had lost nails!
Did a girls at work on saturday and she text me the same night saying she had lost one ( she was rather drunk and admitted she broke it trying to rugby tackle some man at a fancy dress party to get his trousers off!!! ;) )
Looked at them this morning and they are cracking at the end of the white, they also seem pretty bendy and not very strong??
Im doing some repairs tonight and tomorrow, but just wondered if anyone had any idea as to why this was happening, where am i going wrong??
HELP!!!

Oh poor you I can not really help as I do not use Bio but I thought I would just send you s big :hug: .

I am sure you will get this sorted and get help for the girls on this site, can you not phone your educator?

Good luck and I am sure all will be fine.

Caz xxx

Hiya
Calm down and stop panicking, lol!. Sculptures are not for everyone - especially heavy handed clients.

How about if you start off with doing the odd 1 or 2 sculptures to build your confidence up instead of throwing yourself in it and doing 10 all at once. I started off doing natural overlays on clients and if they had any short nails in between, I'd just put a sculpture on that one. That way, I got better at doing sculptures.

You need to put clear gel on the nail, sculpting gel for the free edge (over the silk), then s-gel for the strength of the sculpture. Make sure that your prep is done well also. They are probably bendy because there is no strength in them. Remember to wipe the s-gel with cleanser (pink), then buff lightly to shape the sculpture.

Post us a piccy to see how you are getting on.

thanks for your reply - i definatly need to calm down and not panic!!
I think i need to get some S-Gel as well and have a go with that - will bio send any 'instruction' with it as we were not taught how to use it on training day?
Also all three of these clients are used to wear L&P which might make a difference to how they treat their nails??
I also did a natural nail overlay at the weekend which looked really nice and i was really happy with that ( haven't heard any problems with that one so far, fingers x'd!! )
Thinking about it, the nails i did were quite long - maybe this hasnt helped with clients knocking them?? Im going to go back tonight and do them much shorter and see how this goes! I think i have been stressing about the sculptures as thats what i have to do in my assessment so want to make sure i have got it right!!

x x

Sounds like you are a little calmer and thinking things through more clearly, lol. Oh those ladies who used l&p will definitely have to get used to sculptures as they are very flexible.

Biosculpture will send out instructions about how to use the S-gel. Dont do your sculptures too long, or they'll bend and eventually break. Remember too, the longer you do them the more product you are using; so the £10 you are charging wont really cover you at all. Dont charge £10 for too long, biosculpture products are way too expensive for that.

yeah im realising that now! I have said i will charge £10 until i pass my assessment in January but might have to bump it up to £15 at this rate - especially if im having to go back for repairs!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I have made sure that all my new bio clients are fully aware this is an introductory rate!!! Its amazing thou because you tell them this, which would imply that they are not going to be as good as they could be, but they are still shocked when things go wrong!!if someone said they would do my nails for a tenner then i would expect to have a few breakages along the way!!

Right, deep breath, im feeling much calmer now, im going to go back tonight, make them shorter, see if i can do a new natural nail overlays as well as sculpts and order some s gel!!
Thanks again for yout help!!

Try to get out of the 'practise mode' and treat each client as if they are paying £30-£40 for the overlays. It makes you concentrate hard and helps you take your your work to a higher standard. Give yourself a pat on the back; you tried really hard. Goodluck for tonight.

I know how you feel i've been having trouble with doing sculptures with Bio s gel. I have been practising over and over again as I have my exam next monday. I think I was panicing and making it seem more difficult than it is. I re read my notes and watched the dvd then practised on my poor hubbie ! I feel more confident now and practise makes perfect.

Keep up the good work you will get there in the end

i've been having problems with the sculptures too!!!! just done a set today find that they always seem to look wide, but when i try to file them at the edges i seen to end up going back to natural nail and have to start again (maybe a tad heavy handed!!!!) some i do look fab others naff cant seem to get a ful set that al looks good! one tip i got was to really take your time with the cutistone to make sure all the skin has been removed fromthe nail plate.

Since i've been doing this they do seem to be stopping on better!!!
hope your assessment goes well good luck and please let us know how you get on I'l have to do mine soon!!! xxxxx:wink2:

bio is not known for its super strength although s gel DOES help.

If you have anyone who is particularly heavy handed BIO ISNT GOING TO BE THE GEL FOR THEM

I use bio mainly for natural nail overlays and keep tip and dip or l+p for tips or you may be better off with a FILE OFF GEL such as BRISA.

Used the product over a year now and i never have got the hang of sculpting with it....i do the odd one or 2 but not a full set !

make sure you really BUILD YOUR APEX/stress area up which i know is hard with bio

Sorry i cant be of more help !!

Amb x

Good to see im not the only one who struggles!!
I am thinking that if someone comes to me with shorter nails i might suggest L&P for a couple of visits, and then once there nails have grown remove the l&p and switch to bio??
Im was worrying because i have to do it in my assessment, but im getting the impression most people use bio for nno and then another system for strenght/ heavy handed clients!
Do you think using the systems in this way would be a good idea??

jessica brooks said:
Good to see im not the only one who struggles!!
I am thinking that if someone comes to me with shorter nails i might suggest L&P for a couple of visits, and then once there nails have grown remove the l&p and switch to bio??
Im was worrying because i have to do it in my assessment, but im getting the impression most people use bio for nno and then another system for strenght/ heavy handed clients!
Do you think using the systems in this way would be a good idea??

SPOT ON BABY
Start them on overlays with another system.....or really build up the bio ...with silk and s gel (l+p sounds easier if you can do this !!)

2 ro 3 infills.....soak off and bio overlay.

I am sure the sculpting works for some peeps but anything for an easy life is my thoughts!!

Top bio chicks to help you out are....

Noodle, Adiva, Nailstyle, Little Angel (she's off for a while).....Jac Extreme...hanydanialis...God sorry theres LOADS more but cant think off the top of my head.....

Amb x​

Have you looked in the back of your Bio hand book, there are some really useful tips for trouble shooting? I refer to this every now and then just to refresh myself. I find with sculpting, its best not to play with the silk too much once you've 'sunk it' as it causes the gel to bubble then you start getting all sort of problems. Adiva is right with getting into the habit of thinking clients are paying full price as if your not, subconciously its easy to think that mistakes are ok and start rushing to get it done rather than taking your time and enjoying what you are creating (I hope you see where Im going with that..a bit difficult to explain).
Practice makes purfect as they say

Good luck hun

Latest posts

Back