Nippers that don't go rusty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CocoAllure

Reaction score
Hiii
Can anyone recommend nippers that won't rust, I'm throwing them away at least once a week and I've tried the ones from capital and Sally's. I do like to soak my utensils in Mundo but my other tools are fine it's just the nippers that rust
Much love

I've always kept my nippers in barbicide and they've never gone rusty. I got them from the beauty show xx

I've always kept my nippers in barbicide and they've never gone rusty. I got them from the beauty show xx

I'm not going to the beauty shows [emoji17]

I had the same issue with some of my tools, including nippers from sallys, and looked at barbicide and it says on the bottle 'anti-rust formula' since using this I don't have a problem and got the same nippers from sallys , but new ones :)

Mundo seems to allow rusting.
No problem with barbicide.

Tip: put your metal tools in the dishwasher occasionally to clean out the joints

Mine have never gone rusty and I've only ever used barbicide [emoji106]

Soak the rusty ones in a pint glass of vinegar & it will scrub right off :D

Ive left mine in Mundo in the salon overnight a few times now & the vinegar gets it all off.

Its not rusted through the metal tho- more just tarnished xx

I've got a little wire brush

Oh no to be honest it's only happened since I've moved over to Mundo what a shame back to barbicide then

Barbicide for me too ☺️

I use barbicide too and find they don't go rusty, well, apart from the bit of the handle that pokes out from the barbicide! Perhaps I need to keep them fully immersed. I use the little glass barbicide jars, what does everyone else use to soak their utensils in?

I've got a barbicide jar too it's small tho so mine pokes out

I use ink London nippers in Mundo they haven't rusted yet and I've had them for a month, my other set of nipoers have rusted x

Just had a look at my Mundo with my curette in and that's gone rusty too. I'm ditching the Mundo completely

Yep, I ditched the mundo too.

Yeah use barbicide always I once soaked my tools in another cleaner and they rusted I think barbicide has anti rust formula to xx

Wasted so many tools [emoji17]

Mundo does contain rust inhibitors. However, it is important to follow instruction provided by manufacturers closely. For example, making the solution too concentrated or leaving tools to soak longer than stated can cause issues.

The Mundo range is technically advanced and provides an extremely high level of disinfection which is important in the salon environment.

If you do end up with surface oxidation on your tools, this can normally be removed with baby oil or WD40.

Using a wire brush on metal tools is likely to damage the stainless steel surface of the tools and can make the problem worse.

Last edited:
Mundo does contain rust inhibitors. However, it is important to follow instruction provided by manufacturers closely. For example, making the solution too concentrated or leaving tools to soak longer than stated can cause issues.

The Mundo range is technically advanced and provides and extremely high level of disinfection which is important in the salon environment.

If you do end up with surface oxidation on your tools, this can normally be removed with baby oil or WD40.

Using a wire brush on metal tools is likely to damage the stainless steel surface of the tools and can make the problem worse.

Thank u mr Mundo

We have found that Munro ruins all metal tools. We reverted back to barbicide.

Latest posts

Back