No car insurance for 6 months..no claims loss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
Well in 2009 I had a break from one of my car insurances,parked it in the garage and it was taxed etc.

Now Im wondering if my 6yrs ncs I had before that still counts.

Im finding it very hard to get my insurance broker to accept my proof of ncs and they want to know why it wasnt insured for 6months before I went with them.

Will I now lose this?Does anyone have any insurance experience that could answer these questions xx

You may be able to get a certificate/letter from your previous insurance company to confirm your no claims.

Do you have your last insurance certificate, it should have details on there of your NCB, at very least it will tell you who you were insured with.

your no-claims bonus is valid for 2 years, 3 with some companies so it really depends when in 2009 your last policy ran out?

All you need to tell them is that you didn't have the vehicle on the road for the 6 months, it was parked in the garage - that is not a problem.

I work for an Insurance Broker.

Ah ok...yes I have the cert from the last insurance broker with the 6yrs proof...but as there is then a 6 months gap between that broker and the one Im with now they are asking the question.

I shall explain the car was in my garage and that should settle the issue.

They owe me around £500 as they are saying I didnt send them this cert back two yrs ago when I started the policy....Ive already sent them all the docs they requested and then they asked this question.

Ok I shall phone them back and explain and hopefully I should get my money back.

More cash for supplies then hehe xxx

Thanks very much for your help and advice xx

Just wanted to update you girls I have sorted this today and my cheque for £287 is in the post and the overpayments for this current policy means my payments have gone from £77 a month to £7.82!!!

Thanks for your help xxx

Cool, you can send me my share lol :green:

Latest posts

Back