No clients for training!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elise

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive not long started training in my local college doing a vctc in nail treatments manicure/pedicure. At my last class we were told by our tutor that for are assessments we need to provide 3 paying clients who are willing to have a manicure and pedicure, i wasnt aware of this as i thought the college was going to provide them. :irked:
Well the problem i have is everybody i know either have nail extentions, therefore cant be used or are only willing to have manicure,s as there funny about people touching there feet!
Im now quite worried that i will fail my course by not being able to provide clients for my assessment.

Do you think i should just advertise and do you think people will be willing to pay when im only training?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

I am really sorry to hear this but I know the problems this can cause. When I studied 4 years ago we expected the college to provide students for us to work on however it soon became apparent that there was not enough to go around so we like you had to provide our own clients. My advice would be to put some posters up in the college and see if a few of the students who have free periods wouldn't mind. We did this and sometimes it was succesful. I asked a couple of mums at my sons school if they fancied a morning out being pamperd so picked them up took them to college plonked them in the canteen until I was ready and then took them home again. You could also ask the girls or boys in your group if they could lend you a couple of clients on the weeks that they do not need them.
Don't give up! Where there is a will there is a way.
Charlotte

when i did it last year hun ..i paid myself for the client to have the treatment,then its free for them and not many people will refuse that!!
i really did struggle to find people to come in and thought at one point i would fail because of it (i had a topic on here about it somewhere)
,my tutor had to go into hairdressing for me one night and get someone to come in for me ,and i had to take my 9 year old daughter in to...have a word with your tutor hun ,im sure she will be able to help

Thanx for the advice, im planning on doing a EN course after college so i wont end up with this problem again! would love to train with creative but cant at the moment due to family lfe style, but hopefully will be able to in a few years time.

I had the same problem last year when i was studying at college, but the tutors were great, I never missed out on a practical lesson for lack of a model, I even got to do college staff and even a Male NVQ assessor as I was short of a male manicure client, he was the scariest, kept asking questions as I worked, but I managed to answer them all and found I knew more than I thought I did and I passed my male manicure with flying colours.

Joan

Latest posts

Back