No make up selfies, cancer awareness, show us yours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really fail to see how putting a photo of yourself with no make up on is remotely going to help Cancer research in any way shape or form?????????

If you sign petitions or donate then fabulous and good on you then that is doing something but just posting a selfie on ?????? Really??????

Nobody has said it is going to physically help cancer but the whole point is it is raising awareness

I really fail to see how putting a photo of yourself with no make up on is remotely going to help Cancer research in any way shape or form?????????

If you sign petitions or donate then fabulous and good on you then that is doing something but just posting a selfie on ?????? Really??????

Ps I have lost a sister to breast cancer at 35yrs old so I am all for making a differance

Nobody has said it is going to physically help cancer but the whole point is it is raising awareness

I don't think it is raising awareness it is mearly a chance for everyone to jump on the band wagon

I suppose it's a bit like Movember when when men grow a moustache for awareness just in this case taking selfies ❤️ I do think the most help does come from donations and signing petitions Xxxx

Ps I have lost a sister to breast cancer at 35yrs old so I am all for making a differance

Sorry to hear you lost your sister 😔 I am all up for raising awareness in any way shape or form even if that's taking a selfie with no make up or not waxing my lady tash for a month 😳 but hey every little helps xx

I suppose it's a bit like Movember when when men grow a moustache for awareness just in this case taking selfies ❤️ I do think the most help does come from donations and signing petitions Xxxx

Thank you....I mean I know all about Movember and how men keep regular updates of moustaches on Facebook but I haven't got a clue what it's for??????? The emphasis goes off the cause...I think

Put your money where your mouth is I say....or 'selfie' should I say

Xxx

I also lost a family member due to cancer so i'm also passionate about making a difference hence why i am doing race for life. I really don't see why people are moanin about the whole selfie thing though. People are seeing the selfies, noticing it is for cancer & are donating

I also lost a family member due to cancer so i'm also passionate about making a difference hence why i am doing race for life. I really don't see why people are moanin about the whole selfie thing though. People are seeing the selfies, noticing it is for cancer & are donating

I strongly disagree that the "selfie craze" is going to make everyone who gets involved donate...but that's my personal opinion I am not looking for an argument plus I think this topic of cancer is an incredibly sensitive issue so I will leave it at that.

I strongly disagree that the "selfie craze" is going to make everyone who gets involved donate...but that's my personal opinion I am not looking for an argument plus I think this topic of cancer is an incredibly sensitive issue so I will leave it at that.

You are only reading what you want from my replies. I never said EVERYONE who sees the pics will donate but i know people who have donated today purely on the fact of seeing the selfies & realising they should donate. I'm not looking for an argument either but an opinion does not make something fact. So we will agree to disagree

I have seen a lot of people making donations and signing the petition through awareness made by these no makeup selfies so clearly it's doing it's job, I have a friend in Australia who said it's hit there and they are all taking selfies and donating, just think of the £1000's this has created towards charity that would probably not have been donated before. I can't see anything wrong with it whatsoever 😊 xx

Cancer research uk have said they've had a huge surge in donations and I personally have seen a lot of people posting links to where to donate with their selfies. People are having a bit of fun and donating at the same time.

If people want to do selfies; let them do selfies, they're not doing any harm.

I can see it making a somewhat of a difference. Just look at how many ladies are constantly posting their selfies just to get attention, makeup and hair to the nines! Why not use the attention for something worthwhile?
I am not a fan of donating to large charities but every once in a while I notice that women have taken back something so blatantly misused and made a difference :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

A lot of people on my fb have been donating money today from the selfies so it's worked in that respect and raised awareness.
Every little helps even if it is just a selfie

I totally agree with you Lisa! I wouldn't have donated and many others wouldn't have today because of this!! That's what I'm trying to explain to people writing pessimistic statuses! They probs haven't donated! I think it's great and would be interesting to see how much extra money was raised through this xx

Nearly all my friends on Facebook have out up screenshots of there donation due to seeing the selfies and links of where to donate. You can text to donate £3 that times 256 friends is a lot of money for cancer research.
It's raising awareness for women and men to check for lumps aswel and getting people to sign a petition to lower the smear test age.
In my opinion it's done a lot of good since it started yesterday.

I totally agree with you Lisa! I wouldn't have donated and many others wouldn't have today because of this!! That's what I'm trying to explain to people writing pessimistic statuses! They probs haven't donated! I think it's great and would be interesting to see how much extra money was raised through this xx

Thankyou Amy :) i haven't donated myself but i did donate £25 to start up my just giving page which also goes straight to cancer research so i've done my bit ;) i definitely think its boosted donations. Xx

I do too but more haters are appearing! My cousin who I nominated has just posted an essay on why she's not doing it! It's really annoying me!!! Has she or the other haters donated... No. She's saying she would rather do something more worth while! Well go on then! What's the plan, cos I'll still support you! Sorry! Back to the awareness! Keep the pics coming xx

Surely "jumping on the band wagon" is a good thing? The more people that do it will encourage others to do it too, therefore raising awareness which results in more people donating. I too do race for life and i donate whenever i can, it's all for a good cause.

Good on everyone else though! Together we can beat cancer xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

It is making people aware and donating from these selfies as I've seen many with selfie an donation text or people saying they are donating as it's actually helping research not just a photo so people are donating by this! I'm doing mine tomorrow 😃 along with donatation text x

Latest posts

Back