No More Streaks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, have you ever had/do you have those kind of polishes that when you apply them they always look chalky and streak and no matter what you do you cant just seem to get a perfect finish.....so you may tend not to use them or put them away, cos they just dont work for......even tho they are really beautiful colours. If the answer is yes, then try this.....dehydrate nail plate, apply basecoat, apply topcoat then apply the two coats of polish. No more streaking.....lol.
David

ooo thanks for that jaydee i will be try that......

Cheers Dee I'll give this a go, I find it is often the paler polishes that present this problem!

Thanks for the tips, I will definately be trying this, as Sass says its usually the paler colours I sometimes have problems with!

xxxx:hug:

A Great tip David ... hadn't heard tis one before ... shows you can still teach an old dog new tricks!!

Another is to make your coats very thin. Many people have streaking because they just use too much polish.

Another is to make your coats very thin. Many people have streaking because they just use too much polish.
I make all my enamel applications thin, so they dont streak and take days to dry, but sometimes I still get streaking, Porcelain Doll for me was a horrific enamel to apply, lush colour but I just couldnt apply it properly!
Next time now I will try to make my application even thinner and see how I get on!

xxx:hug:

i hate it when the polish does this so i will give this a try.thanks for sharing:)

Great to try out since i have to admit that i dread these pale pastel colors :Scared:
I hide them on my shelf between the other polishes hoping they don't pick them :lol:

Latest posts

Back